EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::Server Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=601)
-   -   Kimuras Affliction (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28951)

Mariomario 07-19-2009 10:51 PM

Kimuras Affliction

Server been up for awhile then just suddenly cant connect. Now the server is offline. During gameplay time had never seen a GM and no website was ever announced for it. Just wondering if the GM happens to see this or if anyone else has any info on server. Would really like to see it come back.

barista1987 07-20-2009 11:19 AM

Thats a usual occurrence around here. I would suggest finding a newer server and occasionally checking back for it.

Wilbane 07-22-2009 07:06 AM

I noticed Kimura's Affliction has not reappeared. If the host checks this forum please contact me. I'd be interested in picking up the server and hosting it if you don't intend to bring it back up. You can reach me at jgt.home @ yahoo dot com.

Yeormom 07-22-2009 11:55 AM

So I have to ask: what was special about this one?

Wilbane 07-22-2009 01:42 PM

Random stats or what I like to call the Easter Egg effect. You never knew when or where you'd find a killer item with ramdon boosted stats. It made it fun to explore rather than camp on the chance you'd find something good.

Yeormom 07-22-2009 04:50 PM

I have hot zones where items and stats become random for a certain time period but its not quite the same effect since it is zone specific and involves player vs player combat. There are also other servers doing something similar because I have seen many postings indicating such, in the event you seek such in the future.

kimura0715 07-24-2009 09:27 AM

i apologize for the server being down, for some reason nobody can connect to it anymore....i havent changed anything...it was up running non-stop for a while and then one day it disconnected from the login server and now when i start it up it has sat running for up to 24 hours without one person logging on...so, i am not sure what the problem is....anybody that has had this problem let me know of a suggestion

thanks

Wilbane 07-24-2009 03:05 PM

I've seen your server in the logon list but clicking on it casues a long pause (a minute or so) and then I'm booted to the logon page.

I'm assuming you've check the usual suspects; firewall (patches will often reactivate it and if you don't see logon attempts then we're not reaching you from the outside) and read your log files looking for anything suspicios.

If you find anythign odd there is a great community here that can help figure it out, they've been great about answering my questions.

xinu 07-24-2009 03:10 PM

If your server is behind a router make sure the following ports are being forwarded to it assuming you haven't changed any of the default settings.

World: 9000
Zones: 7000-7100

As Wilbane pointed out not sure what system your running it on but be sure to check the firewall on the computer itself if it has one.

Kilralpine 07-25-2009 12:42 PM

Might want to possibly check and see if your IP behind the router has changed... could just be that the IP address your router is looking for (for the port forwards) has rotated...