View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 05:28 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeS
That's correct
No it isn't, not starting anything here but my database is my own. I started it from scratch.

As for a standard, that is something DRP is working on. I have already begun stripping my database apart and re-organizing all IDs to fit a standard. Duplicate mobs, loot, and faction entries will all be removed as well. The problem is there are essentionally 3 different databases out there (and yes, they are all quite different and have their own strengths/weaknesses) so the other two databases would need to go through the same perging mine is to fit a standard. Any database built from EQBuilder follow the zonenumberid*1000 standard but as Sesmar and I were discussing on our forum, after the zone is initially built, new entries either get tacked on to the end of the db, or somewhere in the middle causing a mess. Our db editing tools will need to be updated to follow the standard. Again, with 3 different databases and multiple people making cool editors how will that work? While I'll continue work on my own database, I am all for a standard and I'll work with whomever I need to to create and follow one.

Last edited by cavedude; 11-09-2006 at 01:41 PM..