Thread: Starting items
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Aerewen
Hill Giant

editing starting items takes a knowledge of MySQL and a little bit of work

there's a table in the database called "starting_items"

if you open the query browser and select the peq database (or whatever yours is called), type "SELECT * FROM `starting_items`" and execute the query to see all the start items.

Race should be 0 to give the item to any race (ie the bread cakes, backpacks etc) The only thing that is race specific are the notes to the guildmasters. (Though i think the quests may have been re-routed to the GM's in POK? anyone know for certain? cuz if so, the notes are not race specific anymore...)
Code:
Races:(may or may not be accurate, i'm basing them on PEQ Editor)
1: human
2: barbarian
3: erudite
4: wood elf
5: high elf
6: dark elf
7: half elf
8: dwarf
9: troll
10: ogre
11: halfling
12: gnome
Classes will need to be specified for weapons, but as with the race flag.. bread cakes and whatnot can be left as 0 (i think?)

Code:
1: warrior
2: cleric
3: paladin
4: ranger
5: shadowknight
6: druid
7: monk
8: bard
9: rogue
10: shaman
11: necromancer
12: wizard
13: magician
14: enchanter
15: beastlord
16: berzerker
item charges should always be 1 except for the stackable items: Bandages* Bread Cakes* and Skin of Milk*

itemid is the field for telling PEQ what item it is:
Code:
Bread Cakes* - 9991
Bandages* - 21779
Skin of Milk* - 9990
Backpack* - 32601
Gloomingdeep Lantern - 9979
No clue what the note was called... so i cant give u an itemid for it
==weapons==
Dagger* - 9997
Club* - 9999
Short Sword* - 9998
Dull Axe* - 55623

==bank items==
Gold Coin - 22290
Bakcpack - 17005
Leave GM set to 0 always
Leave slot set to -1 to place it in the first available inventory slot
Code:
I'm not positive on this numbering scheme... but i believe it is as follows:
0 upper left slot
1 upper right
2 2nd left
3 2nd right
4 etc...
5 ...
6 ...
7 lower left slot
8 lower right slot

as far as bags and bank slots go i have not tested this as of yet, will post back later with the details when i have time.
Diety info can probably just be set to 0 for everything... none of the starting items depend on a specific diety, but again you could use this field to grant a special item to each diety if you wanted to.

zoneid should be 0

now whoopdedoo basil what does it all mean?!

use those variables to enter the information into the database, first you will need to remove the existing items... but might want to make a backup first just in case

then use the query below, just copy/paste it into the query browser and change the values from [value] to what it should be... make sure to delete the brackets [ ] from around the info but LEAVE the single quotations alone ' ' !!!

Code:
INSERT INTO `starting_items` VALUES (0,[race number],[class number],[diety number],[zone id],[ITEM ID],[item charges],[gm flag, set always to 0],[slot number, use -1 for first available]);
so executing the query:
Code:
INSERT INTO `starting_items` VALUES (0,1,1,0,0,9998,1,0,-1);
would give all human warriors 1 Short Sword* in the first available inventory slot.

Have fun and good luck

PS: might wanna sticky or wiki this one :P

Last edited by Aerewen; 12-14-2006 at 06:26 AM..