View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Aerewen
Hill Giant

when you say public login... you are referring to the login hosted on eqemulator.net right?

im suggesting the editing and release of a new minilogin so that users can host their own login server and not have to rely on eqemulator's login server for their connections

as it stands say i host a server on my home network... i can DMZ, set port forwarders etc etc etc till im blue in the face, but the eqemu server will still read incoming connections as 192.168.0.1 from the router... there is no way around it (trust me i tried :P) and i know there's gotta be a ton of people out there who have taken the time to learn eqemu, php, mysql, perl, and all the other stuff only to get the server running and *sigh* when they realize they cant play with 10 of their buddies at the same time because their router prevents it.

i just feel it would be worth the couple days of coding to release a minilogin/world.exe that checked accounts off username/password

i mean yeah i know the client software encrypts them before sending to the server... but it's not like we would be allowing people to edit the minilogin source to see the encryption used