View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 02:35 PM
Lalolyen
Banned

I one day I'll go from alpha to beta =)

Ok... In a few hours, I'll be posting the beta up.

So far I have working with the system:

1. Admins can view ALL petitions.
2. Users can view their OWN petition (with no s).
3. Thats RIGHT USERS! Users can register! Upon registration their account is linked to their petitions!
4. Admins can reply to their own petitions, if the petition is not checked out, by the admin he/she cannot reply!
5. Old petition replys are cleaned up when a new petition of the same id is created. If you want to archive your petitions, let me know for a simple code fix.

ToDo's:
1. In version 1.1 RELEASE (not 1.0 RELEASE) make it so that petitions and replies are all archived.
2. Before release, set a default theme.
3. Tighten security! (Keep in mind that the sessions are using cookie/session authentication only, if you have two installs, there are no checks to see that the admins username is in the database every time they hit the site. This will be changed to constantly poll the auth table for admin credentials. I have already implemented this in development of the user interface.
4. Display race/classes.
5. Create emailed responses, even maybe pipe emails to ACERTAIN@ADDRESS.COM to the program, so users can reply via email and without having to login to the website.

I am sorry there are no demo's at this time. The best demo is the one I posted above or you can create an account on our server and /petition [TEST] (and all the text you want) and we will leave it alone so you can see the user interface.

Right now I'm just cleaning up this code, and the looks a bit and I'll be packaging it up and uploading it.

*will be adding some graphics to it this time around so its not like finger-nails on a chalkboard to the eyes he he*

Last edited by Lalolyen; 09-16-2007 at 10:38 PM..