View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 07:43 PM
KLS
Administrator

Well the AC system I put in a few months back follows the DB + DI rules... mostly... Shielding and spell defensive is a little off, you can blame the people that complained every time I tried to fix it for that though; im tired of hearing that so I found a happy medium until I can go back and fix it in full. Softcaps and class bonuses aren't calculated yet either.

Aggro should be fine for the most part I changed it to be based off of potential damage before modifiers instead of actual damage caused which is what it used to be. It will also take into account proximity, is a pet, sitting, lowhp, etc. There's some issue with invuln but I consider it low priority atm.

I think the problem with snare and walking mobs is just the order in which things are calculated; with walk being calculated last instead of first.

In terms of combat checks we check to-hit first, a simple hit miss check. Then using a single table roll we check Riposte, Dodge, Parry, Block. It's done on a single combat table instead of sep. ones so one stat isn't more effective than the others just by being calculated first, but I'm unsure if that's how it should work.

Shield related stuff isn't implemented yet, they basically just add to your AC atm. Since there are no softcaps to bypass it can't really do that. Back when I played shields really didn't do much.