View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Here's another problem I saw with the Bots;
When you have a good Bot group, mobs get real easy to kill - The game really gets unbalanced; lower end red-cons become easy to kill.
So, lets say you upped the exp to 2-3x , if you kill a Red, exp is like 10x! Even with normal exp, the reds are like 4x , which is ok if they are in a no-bot game (bigger challenge/ risk for a greater reward).
When I lowered the red con Exp to something more sane, then blues and lite blues gave little or no exp. If I had new players on the server that played alone (no bots) or just were starting out, I would get complaints about no exp.
So here's what I did, that may be an idea; Its a macro called 'CON_XP_SCALING', I never could get it to compile on windows with the macro, so I quoted it out and ran like that.
All the settings are changed in CON_XP_SCALING, and the original EQ settings in variables and rule_values are default.
The effect I got was fast exp on all cons, but nothing crazy for red/yellows. It may not seem to make any sense, but it works with whatever other scaling there is in the source and counters.

Code:
//#ifdef CON_XP_SCALING
		if (conlevel != 0xFF) {
			switch (conlevel)
			{
			case CON_GREEN:
				//Message(15,"This creature is trivial to you and offers no experience.");
				return;
			case CON_LIGHTBLUE:
					add_exp = add_exp * 175/100;
				break;
			case CON_BLUE:
				//if (lvldiff >= 12)
				//	add_exp = add_exp * 6/10;
				//else if (lvldiff > 5)
					add_exp = add_exp * 250/100;
				//else if (lvldiff > 3)
				//	add_exp = add_exp * 9/10;
				break;
			case CON_WHITE:
					add_exp = add_exp * 175/100;
				break;
			case CON_YELLOW:
					add_exp = add_exp * 200/100;
				break;
			case CON_RED:
					add_exp = add_exp * 225/100;
				break;
			}
			/*
			if (otherlevel >= 65)
			{
				int add = add_exp*((otherlevel-49)*20/100);
				add_exp += add_exp*((otherlevel-64))*2;
				add_exp += add;
			}
			else if (otherlevel >= 50)
			{
				add_exp += add_exp*((otherlevel-49)*20/100);
			}*/
		}
//#endif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew80k View Post
Is this actually the case? I know the executable for the zone would be bigger, but I wouldn't think it would use much more resources unless you actually spawned BOTS. If you don't I would think that resource usage would be very similar to not having them compiled in. But that's a rough guess based on looking through the code a couple of times.