View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 06:03 AM
trevius
Developer

Just to try it, I went ahead and compiled Azone2 and read the instructions on how to use it. It is much easier to use than I expected lol. I didn't think many or maybe any of the new zones would work with it from what I was hearing. So, I copied all of the zone files over for the new zones and tried them 1 by 1 and sure enough, over half of them worked fine! I was able to get .map files created for 45 of the 81 total new zones!

For the other 36 zones, it seems that Azone will need to be updated to work with the newer files. Hopefully that can be done at some point, but at least for now, this should give us plenty to keep people busy and happy for a while

Here is the total list that I was able to create .map files for:

Code:
ashengate
bloodmoon
crescent
crystallos
devastationa
dragonscale
elddara
freeportacademy
freeportarena
freeportcityhall
freeporteast
freeporthall
freeportmilitia
freeportsewers
freeporttemple
freeporttheater
freeportwest
frostcrypt
guardian
gyrospireb
gyrospirez
highpasshold
kattacastrum
mansion
mechanotus
rage
ragea
relic
roost
shipmvm
shipmvp
shipmvu
shippvu
shipuvu
shipworkshop
silyssar
skylance
solteris
steamfactory
stonehive
takishruins
takishruinsa
theatera
vergalid
It is about a 50/50 split on the ones I liked the most. Some really good ones are still not working with Azone yet unfortunately. But at least there are plenty of nice ones that are. I may have missed one or 2 zones too, since I did this kinda fast mostly just to see what kind of ratio we were getting on working zones.

I don't really have a good place to host these for download, but maybe Angelox can put something up once he gets his copy of SoF running. If AX doesn't do it, I am sure someone will. I just assume that he may since he already hosts the other map files we use now.

I don't know what it would take to get Azone2 working with the newest zone types, but maybe I can look at that source at some point and see if I can figure it out. It is probably way over my head, but never hurts to try :P

Last edited by trevius; 04-30-2009 at 04:50 AM..