Thread: SoF Zones
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 01:25 AM
trevius
Developer

Added as in added to the zones table, or added as in having zone points for it, or added as in populated with spawns and such? That question is a little vague.

If you have SoF enabled on your server, you should be able to just #zone there. You may need to add the updated information to your zones table though. I think PEQ may come with the basic zone table information for SoF now already.

As far as zone points go, that is a bit more difficult. You would either need to set them yourself manually on a zone by zone basis, or you would need to wait until we have the packet collectors working again so they can be collected from EQLive packet logs. Otherwise, it is unlikely that they will all be done anytime soon as doing all of that manually would take quite a while.

The new zones are usable on a case by case basis for servers that want to use them, but they will take more work to completely set them up, since it all has to be done manually for now.

Unfortunately, there is a fair amount of zones (just under half of the new zones) that Azone is not yet compatible with for creating .map files for. Nektulos is one of those zones. Those zones will basically be unusable until Azone is updated for the new .EQG file type version 4 zone files. But, at least there are still something like 45 (out of 79 total) new usable zones current from SoF.

Hopefully we can get the packet collectors working sometime soon. That would help new progress by a HUGE amount. It would benefit the entire EQEmu community more than just about anything else we could do atm, IMO. Not having a collector is the main thing holding PEQ and other databases back. Some things are just extremely hard and tedious to setup manually, and the collectors can turn hours of manual work into seconds. But, it isn't the easiest thing to get going. I can definitely get the structures and opcode stuff setup for it, but I need someone to get it at least compileable first, and hopefully FNW finds time to do that at some point.

If you know anything about packet structures, you could manually break down the packets from a collect from Live. I have done that for Crescent Reach to get all of the objects and doors and such and it worked perfectly. But, it is quite a pain to do when there are alot of them.

Last edited by trevius; 04-25-2009 at 09:28 AM..