View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 06:37 PM
trevius
Developer

Thanks KLS. The char select issue with primary/secondary should be really easy to correct by adjusting the struct and the encode and just reversing the order of those 2 fields. I hadn't noticed this, but I also don't have any chars I use that have shields.

Thanks for confirming raids don't work. I was just wondering if anyone had even tried it yet. Judging by the difference in group structs, I figured that raids were almost certainly going to have similar changes. Maybe we can review the group struct changes and use them to help figure out what might have been changed about raids. Otherwise, we will probably need to try to create a raid on Live and collect the packets from it with SEQ.

Judging by the other changes to the spawn struct to break down certain things like Bodytype into multiple categories so that it is easier to set an NPC to spawn exactly how you want, I figured that there are other new fields like that. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out which field is required for LDoN traps by just using spawn struct hacking code that Shendare wrote. It is already in the encode for the spawn struct and just needs to be uncommented to be able to use it. It really makes identifying fields very easy, though a bit tedious since you basically have to go through each unknown until you find the right one. It is still 100X better/faster than the old way I was using to identify fields!

If I have time tonight, I plan to try to finally get the encode working for inspecting players, so that will be 1 less thing on the list of stuff that needs to be fixed for SoF. I don't think that will take very long. I tried it before, but couldn't get the strings working properly. I think with the new encodes from Derision, I should now have enough examples to get the inspect encode working. And, if I have time after doing that, I really want to knock out the stamina/endurance update packets that should now be sent and probably the manachange packets need to be encoded since they should only be dealing with mana now, and not include stamina. That is of course if SoF handles the updates the same way Live does now, which I am pretty sure it does.