View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragonsdg View Post
Secrets, no one is pretending like any of this is a secret. The whole idea was to invoke discussion to find a solution to the problem. If you know the cause of the problem then it should be fairly easy to fix.

If Macroquest is the source of the problem as you clearly said then why hasn't it's function been coded not to work with the emulator? And yes i know that previous statment is easier said than done. The fact that the emulator is open source should just make the solution easier to implement. The biggest problem with people submitting fixes to an exploit is that not everyone in the eqemu community is capable of writting code in a manner that would be useful.

It would be easy to sit here knowing what the problem is and do nothing to try and fix it. Alot of people try the passive method and none succeed. I can talk about this till I turn purple but if no one is willing to help then the whole conversation is pointless.
Know why no one is willing to help?

Because stuff like warping, maps, etc. CANNOT be disabled serversided. You can detect it, but you cannot fix CLIENT issues SERVERSIDED. If you make a CLIENTSIDED detection that is open-source, people would know exactly how to bypass it on the CLIENT. Please, tell me a way you can disable sending every NPC in the zone to the client without sending every NPC to the zone in the client. I'd love to know a way. Please, also tell me how you can disable warping without detecting normal people moving. Including short-range warping. Again, i'd LOVE to know.

There is no simple solution to it, that will just pop out at you. Sorry you think it's easy as

Code:
if(MacroQuestDetected == 1)
StopMacroQuest;
because it's not. I am sure someone could make an anti-hack for EQ (as shown in baneoflife) if they wanted to. I am telling you a serversided anti-hack is possible, but a clientsided anti-hack is not feasable in an open-source community.

Last edited by Secrets; 08-07-2009 at 05:28 AM..