View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 09:20 PM
trevius
Developer

That is a bit of a complicated question :P

Here is the thread on SoF Development that might clear it up a bit:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27429

Basically, all AAs that are purchasable and functional in Titanium should also be fully available in SoF. I don't know if the PEQ database has the completely updated AA Tables to support it yet, but I added most of the SQL required to for the Temporary work-around to the SVN a while back. My AA Tables on Storm Haven for both Titanium and SoF work flawlessly as far as I know. If they don't match what PEQ has, maybe Cavedude needs a copy of my altadv_vars table or something. If so, I can post it or get it to him so he can review and update the PEQ tables if needed.

The main issue with SoF for AAs right now is that they changed how AAs are displayed and consolidated many AAs that had upgrades into single AAs with higher max train points. Until we can figure out how to code it so both clients work properly using the same AA code, we have to use a work-around. The work-around is already in place and should work great until a real solution can be finished. Basically, the work-around for SoF is that we send the upgraded versions as having the same name as the base versions, so instead of seeing "innate Stamina", and "Advanced Innate Stamina" and so on, you will just see 2 entries named "Innate Stamina". The AAs for base and upgrade are still purchased the same way, they just don't display the way they are supposed to for either Titanium or for SoF. All of the functionality is working, and that is the main thing IMO.

As for the actual SoF AAs that weren't available in Titanium, no, we don't have any of those in yet. AAs have to be coded 1 by 1 in the source to function as they should. Other than maybe a couple of certain SoF AAs, I don't expect to see many/any available very soon. Hopefully once the Packet Collector tools are functional again, we can collect all of the new AAs and get them in the database. Once they are there, it will probably help motivate people to start coding some of them at least. Though, I am not sure if server admins would be ok with SoF clients having that much of an advantage over Titanium clients, but that is up to the server OP IMO.