View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 11:02 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
The way I would do it would be to simply use the accounts table that already exists and force players to register on the public LS first and log into the server at least once via the public connection. Then, once their account name is in your DB, they can then issue a #password command to set a password for that account while in-game. The new password that they entered from in-game would then be hashed into the accounts table into the already existing password field. Once they have done that, they would have the option to login to your server via the private LS connection using the same account name and whatever password they set (preferably something different than their normal public LS password for security reasons). This should allow for both public and private LS's to use the same table for dealing with accounts, so you could play your same chars from either.
The issue with this is the EQEmuLoginServer on SVN is 1) Windows Only, and 2) horribadly broken. I kept getting heap corruption when I logged in. KLS can't reproduce it, I can't figure it out, so unless anyone else wants to take a look at it, go for it.

But the issue is, you'd need to code the LS to take the sha1 passwords from the accounts table as opposed to the login_accounts table. It's a great idea but if the LS is not even working... well, what do we do?