Thread: Bot Discussion
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 02:02 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

I am all for improved bot AI as it would help make raiding easier on servers with low populations.
As soon as I started reading this thread the thought of AI driven bots trying to slow a raid mob with any sort of efficiency made my skin crawl. As it has already been stated the speed at which a raid mob is slowed can be the difference between winning and losing. Obviously shamans have the strongest slows but it doesn’t matter one bit when the raid target mitigates the slow to a much lower percentage which happens more often than not. One shaman and one enchanter should always be on resist debuff duty and the rest of the classes that are able to cast slow should cast and keep on casting slow till it lands. That is the easy part…now how are the bots going to know when to cast a magic based slow or a disease based slow(Emperor Ssraeshza)? How will the bots know when a belly cast(Sontalak) is required versus just melee range? How will the bots know when to use single target slow or aoe slow? Grant it AOE slow is mostly used when you have a suicidal shaman in the mix but sometimes it is used in the Corinav event to help slow the damage the aoe stunners and aoe damage casters might take. Another issue I can see from live is some mobs are highly resistant to slow or even magic based spells but they are not flagged as immune….Gaukr Sandstorm is a good example of this…while not immune to magic he is so highly resistant most never bothered trying to slow him. It raises the question as to when will be bots stop trying to cast debuffs or will they just keep casting till they are out of mana. Seems like some tricky AI is headed someone’s way.
To answer a question about slow spells on live the spell with the strongest effect had priority and would overwrite the lower powered spells.