Thread: Bot Discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 01:06 PM
bad_captain
Developer

As an update: I'm almost finished coding an update I think will make a lot of people happy. I'm not doing it as I discussed in this thread, but looking at mercs had given me the idea. Bots will have stances, which match what mercs have on live. You can select a bot's stance, which will affect that bot's AI, mostly with spell casting. Clerics in Burn stance will nuke much more often than Efficient or Balanced. The stances will also affect which spells are cast: clerics in reactive stance will be more likely to cast regular heal as opposed to complete heal or a wizard in burnAE stance will cast AEs. You should be able to set up hotkeys to toggle bots back and forth between stances, such as turning all bots on to Burn when trying to take down a boss' last 10%. I'm currently adding the stance checks to the AI, then I will have the code available to test on my test server. I will try to get some opinione before committing. The only thing I may not do, which may just be too much work, would be to maintain individual preferences for casting chances or other AI decisions. It's pretty complex as is with 16 classes, 7 stances, 16 spell types. That's too much to maintain per character or per bot. I think the stances will differ enough that people will be able to use their own play style for bots.