View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 10:38 AM
Krran
Sarnak

Uleet,

Thank you, so much. You have helped me leap my server forward a year and have helped fill in several other things that were not operating correctly in my server even before I started updating. Things now look like they are working as they should. Old bots now spawn with their gear and they can even move through zones (they bugged in my old setup whenever I zoned). Just awesome.

I had to chop up the convert_existing_bot_data script quite a bit because I was missing many of the old bot tables to begin with, but it ran fine, as far as I can tell, once that was done.

I also ran the third script you linked, modify_db_for_bots; none of those entries were in my tables.

I think I lost things and did not do proper upkeep over the 8 years or so that I have been dragging these characters along, which probably resulted in many of my issues. I am just now formally learning some basics in SQL, so that helped my understanding of things this time around.

Thank you, again.

Actually I am having still having some AA problems. I can spend AAs, but they won't save... mysterious.

and DanCanDo,

What you described was pretty much the process I used to setup the clean server too, so I don't know why the new bot tables were not created during the update script. It will remain a mystery for me, I think. Thanks for your input as I tried to figure this out.

Last edited by Krran; 06-09-2016 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: Found AA problems