Thread: Wizard Portals
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 11:43 PM
Uleat
Developer

No, the bot command spells are pulled directly from the in-memory spell reference that clients use: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...mmand.cpp#L127

Before, they still used the same 'spells[index]' reference..but, their values were hard-coded into the commands. (Now, they're dynamically loaded and parsed)

That 'function event_enter_zone(e)' code is the reason for your changing of zones once you enter one of the new zones.

To alleviate that, you would need to disable all of those entries in all of the affected zones. (You would probably need to enable combat for those as well - at the minimum of changes...)

It's probable that the client doesn't recognize the short name being used for the older zones. One of the many problems with multiple client support :/

That could be why it sent you back to your last 'known' zone. I'm not 100% up to speed with the differences in old and revamped zones..just a guess.

You could try with an older client..I think some of them use the revamped zones..but, still have the old ones coded. (They might be missing the actual zone files, however...)

EDIT: I know when I camp out in Crescent Reach in a SoF+ client and log in with Titanium, it shows unknown zone at the character select screen.

Compilin' Dirty