View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 05:47 AM
Agent00Funk
Fire Beetle

Default Can't zone...

Hi,

Thanks in advance for bringing EQ back and thanks in advance for helping me with this issue.

Here is my problem; I cannot zone. When I go from one zone to another the game freezes or hangs. For example I started a halfling toon and anytime I go from Rivervale to Misty Thicket (or vice versa) the game either a. freezes/crashes b. kicks me back to the login screen or c. takes painfully long to load. The same thing happens when I die, so I am bound in Misty Thicket, yet when I die I experience the same problem. I realize the solution to the second part of my problem is just to die less but it is still terribly annoying that I need to spend 10 min logging in just to spend a few min running around before needing to spend 10 min logging in again. I still have trouble logging in sometimes (takes me about 5-6 tries), but whatever, if the zoning issues wouldn't happen then I wouldn't care how long it takes me to log in. What is strange is that when it crashes or kicks me back to the log in screen I am in the zone I am supposed to be in e.g. I go from Rivervale to Misty thicket, it crashes, I log back in and I am in Misty thicket. So The action is being completed, but not without me having to log back in. This happens about 90% of the time, only about 10% of the time will it just take a really long time to put me in the new zone.

Anyway, I have set the game to run in compatibility mode to XP, I have set the affinity to 0cpu (as you suggested in other threads). But am not sure what else to do. I don't have a modem/router, I connect to the internet via ADSL, my network cable just plugs directly in the wall, I assume that means I am on some sort of network...by the way I am connecting from China (not sure if that has any bearing on the issue).

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this whole zoning problem?

Thanks

Last edited by Agent00Funk; 09-25-2010 at 05:52 AM.. Reason: grammar/spelling/clarification