Thread: NPC Armor Tint
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 09:56 PM
trevius
Developer

I recently updated my own database to be current with PEQ. I have a ton of custom items, so I just sourced in the PEQ items table on top of my existing one. That just fills in the ones that are missing and gives a warning about ones that already exist. It wouldn't correct any you already have in your database, but it would give you access to a TON more items from Live.

All I did was source the PEQ DB into it's own database, then dump just the items table. Then, open that .sql file and remove the top part that deletes and recreates the table. You don't want it to rebuild the table or you lose the custom stuff. Last, just source in that newly edited .sql file and you will be current up to Live, or at least very close. Every item I checked from Live is in the current PEQ DB, so it seems to be pretty complete.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR WINDOWS USERS:
When you source in the items table from PEQ on top of your items table, it will beep 1 time for EVERY line in there!!! This is extremely annoying and would make sourcing the whole thing take hours. Since it beeps out of your PC speaker, you can't adjust it. BUT, I quickly found (with the help of google) that you can go into your device manager and click "view" at the top and select "show hidden devices". This will make a new field visible called "System Devices". Scroll down until you see "System speaker" and double click it. Then, on the general tab, simply use the drop down box at the bottom named "Device Usage" and change it from "Use this device (enable)" to "Do not use this device (disable)". Then click OK and close out of device manager. This will shut your PC speaker off for good! And, not only that, but since it no longer has to beep for every error while sourcing, it finishes the whole thing in a few seconds instead of hours!!! So, if you use windows, this is some extremely important stuff to know. I run my server on Linux, but I manage it from Windows, which is why I had to figure this out.