View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 01:34 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

There is no functionality now, but I don't believe it would be hard to add it. I'm sure weather has a chance modifier. Instead of that being a static value (which I assume it is) it could simply be changed to be a dynamic value, which is called from the zone table of the database (add a new column weatherchance or something such) That way, when zone checks to see if it's time to change the weather, it'll use its own chance modifier, instead of a global one.

While we're at it, may also want to see about fixing weather so that certain zones can have a chance to rain or snow. Right now, the zone only does what you tell it. If set to rain, it only rains, if set to snow, it only snows. This is fine for zones like Halas, or the Karanas. However, some zones namely Rivervale for one, could see rain or snow. That would simply be a matter of adding a new "Any" variable. That's also assuming I'm not blind and am just missing it :P

As for your P.S. Yeah, I agree, I would love to see sand storms in the desert! I'm not sure how we could accomplish that, either. More than likely, it would require some sort of client hack.