View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 02:02 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

well i will tll you what i did.
first I took zerker only disciplien Sprint (ultra fast run)
opened it in bleh/ala spell editor and added Ranger to useable classes.

Then I took Tome of Sprint and made the tome useable by ranger
Note at first I set the tome useable by ALL classes, cuase it comes to normal spells, if scroll is useable by all classes and spell itself is not, the class not listed on spell will appear as lev 255 requred, so that class cannot scribe it but all other proper classes still can. This however was not the case with Discipline Tomes. When I tried to turn it to GM the NPC would not recognize it as valid discipline item, for neither- ranger or Zerker and gave it back.
So I went back into Db set and classes on tome itself are zerker and ranger only (so there are no lev 255 for other classes ) - this instantly fixed the problem. Ranger was able to turn in the tome and got zerkers ability

Of course after changes you make to Spell file, you place a copy of that file in both: server and client folders

As far as discipline been auto canceled - I did not noticed anythign liek that. I was able to succesefuly fire up zerker and monk disciplines on my Ranger and they run full course.

so it should work =)

PS. The only thingd that upsets me the way the coded reuse timer that last used displine prevents you from using other faster displines. IMHO all discipline should have personal reuse timers like spells (so if trueshot has 1 hour reuse timer, it should nto prevent all other disciplines from working durign the wait perioud) So far I havent figured out why ranger was able to use to disciplines wihout waiting on timer, but not others