View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 09:18 AM
trevius
Developer

Thanks, KLS. The items are one of the last major remaining items to get working before players may be able to start testing it and reporting bugs. I think I should hopefully have the AA and /who issues worked out really soon. Once items are done, I think combat just needs to get worked out and basic play should be functioning. For all other stuff, it will mostly just be opcode finding I think, which shouldn't be too bad at all.

I am actually surprised how close to being ready this is already. As long as there are no more major bumps, I don't think it is far off at all. Maybe Azone can be updated sometime in the future to work with the new EQG files. Other than that, I think a couple minor code adjustments to handle the new player race and maybe a couple other things, and then a couple minor database adjustments to handle some of the new stuff as well. Then it should be fully functional. At least as well as Titanium is for us now.

And yeah, for Titanium players, they will just have to see Drakkin as a human model or something. The Drakkin race is model 522, which is well beyond what Titanium can use. By default, they would see the frozen arms and legs out human model. But, we can probably force them to be any race in the Titanium/6.2 client cpp files in the spawn encodes. I think it would work doing a race check when the spawn packet is sent, and then just convert any race that is > 473 to be race 1 instead. Really, it isn't a huge issue, because they won't be able to see the new weapon models and stuff that the SoF users will be able to use anyway.

Eventually, I imagine most people will just move onto using SoF instead of Titanium. Especially once it is just as functional as Titanium currently is.

I must say that after going through each of the 81 new zones in SoF that have been added since Titanium, I am really amazed. SoE has done an excellent job with their zone design. I didn't care much for the Buried Sea zones, but other than those, all of the other expansions really wow'd me. And with 103 new races to use, I think this will open up alot of doors for custom servers. I haven't even got to seeing the new weapon models yet, but I imagine they are great as well.

After SoF is done, I will most likely look into seeing if I can possibly fix EQExtractor and EQBuilder2 to work with EQLive again. Then, we can use them to populate many of the new zones. I think that combined with SoF will help keep the emulator thriving for a long time to come. And since it is pretty likely that it will be the final client version for the emulator, it should make it worthwhile to work towards a 100% functional emulator

Last edited by trevius; 05-27-2009 at 03:22 PM..