View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 11:54 PM
trevius
Developer

Any idea what these rules would need to be set to to make it almost exactly the way it was before this new change? If I put this in without the option to keep things how they currently are on my server, Kayen (my main GM) is gonna kill me!

Unless these changes are completely final and most likely won't be changed for a very long time, it will be extremely tough to justify rebalancing all end-game content around this. I am not worried about low to even high level content because those won't see a huge impact, but for a few of our high tier zones, each boss encounter has been tuned to be an extremely tough fight. By changing melee this much, it is sure to require tuning each one individually and watching players over and over until they are perfect again. That is the whole reason that I replace the hitchance bonus line each time, because it would have caused a headache to fix it no matter what.

Code:
INSERT INTO `rule_values` VALUES (0, 'Combat:BaseHitChance', 69);
INSERT INTO `rule_values` VALUES (0, 'Combat:AgiHitFactor', 0.01);
INSERT INTO `rule_values` VALUES (0, 'EventLog:RecordSellToMerchant', 'false');
INSERT INTO `rule_values` VALUES (0, 'Combat:HitFalloffMinor', 5.0)
INSERT INTO `rule_values` VALUES (0, 'Combat:HitFalloffModerate', 7.0)
INSERT INTO `rule_values` VALUES (0, 'Combat:HitFalloffMajor', 50.0)
INSERT INTO `rule_values` VALUES (0, 'Combat:HitBonusPerLevel', 0.4)
INSERT INTO `rule_values` VALUES (0, 'Combat:WeaponSkillFalloff', 0.33)
INSERT INTO `rule_values` VALUES (0, 'Combat:ArcheryHitPenalty', 0.25)
INSERT INTO `rule_values` VALUES (0, 'Combat:MeleeHitChanceMod', 1.0)
INSERT INTO `rule_values` VALUES (0, 'Combat:PriestHitChanceMod', 0.85)
INSERT INTO `rule_values` VALUES (0, 'Combat:CasterHitChanceMod', 0.7)
INSERT INTO `rule_values` VALUES (0, 'Combat:HeavyAvoidChanceMod', 1.0)
INSERT INTO `rule_values` VALUES (0, 'Combat:ModerateAvoidChanceMod', 0.96)
INSERT INTO `rule_values` VALUES (0, 'Combat:LightAvoidChanceMod', 0.91)
INSERT INTO `rule_values` VALUES (0, 'Combat:UnarmoredAvoidChanceMod', 0.86)
I am not trying to complain about this. I know for sure that combat needed improvements and that some formulas had just been done the wrong way from the start. As long as the changes can be somehow set to work nearly identical to how they used to, it isn't a problem at all. The main issue I have is that I can't avoid putting this update on my server lol. I can't even really delay it. With all of the work I have been doing on SoF, it means updates to the Storm Haven server code almost daily directly from the SVN. Also, since SoF has kept me so busy and will for a while to come, it makes it very hard for me to find time to even make an attempt at rebalancing all end-game content. I am just hoping that there is a good solution for this. I don't think I can manually switch all of those changes back each time I update, lol. If there isn't a good solution, I may have to add in some defines to let people easily define which combat system to use, old or new with new being default. At least as long as that change (adding defines) is ok with the other devs.

Like I said, sorry if this seems like a whine. I don't want it to be, but I am sure I will hear it 10 fold from my players and GM if I let this go through as-is right now.

Last edited by trevius; 02-24-2009 at 09:03 AM..