View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 04:09 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrateri
You CAN host a public server with the minilogin, I have been doing it and will always be doing it. Actually it is quite easy and gives you more control over who gets on your server and who does not. You start with DMZing or opening ports for the computer you want to run the server and then get the IPs of all the friends you want to join you, if they do not have static IPs then get them to use NOIP, And then put those IPs in the minilogin ip colum of your database, then they can connect... No problems doing it that way for me anyway. If you DMZ the computer just make sure to have good antivirus and a firewall running. The only problem with it is if two friends are coming from one IP they have to learn to share an account , so instead of eight characters they can each make 4.....unless one person is much bigger then the other then he can make 7 and the other person 1, lol well you get the picture.
Sounds interesting ... I would like to be able to let a few people come in and help me out with my database, and this would be the way to do it.
What's NOIP ( Like dyndns.org)? , I bet we can come up with a script that detects who is where, and will translate/change IP entry in the database.