View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 06:00 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by So_1337 View Post
Very nice work, as always. I do have one concern that needs to be stated, though. I can only imagine what would happen if a group of NPCs that all have the PROXIMITY_SAY activated and all have "hail" triggers were to be used in a populated zone like PoK. They'd be talking non-stop, to no one nearby.

With that in mind I'd have to say this is something that should only be used in a very few limited instances, such as the throne in Kael for the Coldain Ring quest line. Not something that we should go back and blanket all quest givers with.

Just that quick word of caution. Other than that, brilliant work! =)

Triggering multiple npc's could be overcome with a check to see which npc has priority. What i mean is if multiple npcs would be triggered use the distance from you to the npc's to determine which one you are closest to and make the closest have priority. If it is a class specific quest you could make the check look at the characters class and only trigger on a specific class. You could also use targeting or any other form of check to help keep npc's from chattering mindlessly.