Thread: OpenZone 7.0
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Default OpenZone 7.0

1. Made improvements to .AN8 import.

2. Fixed some bugs in creature exporting.

3. When exporting zones to .S3D, OpenZone will also create an EQEmu .MAP file in the \eqemu_maps subfolder. EQEmu maps are NOT the same .MAP files created by the "File...Export...Generate ShowEQ/Admin Tool .MAP file" option. EQEmu map files are used for line-of-sight (LOS) calculations.

4. Added some new weapons (and a shield) to the sword_test.scn file. The new items require re-downloading texture pack #5.

5. Added a snake model and textures to the \library\creatures folder. For some reason the client acts strangely when it is exported as "SNA", but it works properly when exported as other races like "GOB". This implies that the client has some hard-coded or otherwise hidden behavior for the snake race (and maybe others as well, who knows). Creatures can be exported as any race you wish as long as the race ID number in the server database corresponds to the prefix used, so it's not a big deal.

6. Added some new mesh library objects.

7. Moved all handheld items (swords, shields, etc.) in the mesh library under an items category.

8. Enhanced the pentagonal_rotunda script so it can be used to make shields.

9. Fixed a bug in the sword_hilt script (had to do with lighting) and enhanced it so one end can curve up and the other end can curve down. An example in the sword_test.scn file shows it off.

The .MAP export seems to work but I haven't tested it with a server (I use 0.5.5 which is too early: it isn't compatible with them). The next version up that I have source code for is 0.5.8, which looks compatible. I'm especially interested in hearing how it works out (hint: feedback wanted).

The new texpack5 file is available here:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/e...5.zip?download

OpenZone 7.0 is available here:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/e...0.zip?download

Wind

Last edited by Windcatcher; 06-11-2006 at 01:24 AM..