View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 10:43 PM
trevius
Developer

BTW, I got the SVN updated this morning with my current SoF patch files and a few more changes. Keep in mind that the SoF_structs.h file is pretty sloppy in a few places that are still being worked on heavily, but once things are finalized, I will clean it all up.

Most importantly, I was able to get the clientupdate stuff almost completely worked out last night! I think spawn position updates should be accurate, at least enough to use for now. I know that X, Y, Z and heading at least are all accurate and the delta stuff probably is as well, but I haven't tested that fully yet. For the client position updates that get sent to the server, I have X Y and Heading all in the right spots now, so Z is the last major part to figure out. The deltas and animation will still need to be verified, but they aren't as important.

I also found a few more things in the spawn struct like flymode, LFG flag, hair and a couple more. I haven't narrowed those down to exact positions yet, because they aren't really what I am looking for and they can be added in at any time after the game is playable. I must say that it is pretty cool changing the unknowns and logging in to see what has changed. So far I have found quite a few fields that aren't even known in Titanium, so maybe we can make use of them starting with SoF.

I still wasn't able to figure out how to get #zone working yet. Either the opcode I have for requestclientzone is wrong, or the structure is wrong. I am going to compare it to a log from EQLive from ShowEQ and should be able to find what I need.