View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 06:42 AM
Vastlee
Fire Beetle

Any follow up on this?

This exact thing you described, as opposed to the random eqgame.exe crash that others seem to get mixed up with this, has been happening to me for over a year now. I have 6 accounts. 2 of them are as you stated, "Immune" to it.

One night I actually counted 36 retries before it let me through, and retries seem to be the only thing that actually gets you through. Not rebooting, not logging other accounts in, nothing. And the # of retries seems to be 100% random.

This is the first post I've seen on the subject that identifies the problem specifically. The unfortunate part is that there are several things that cause eqgame.exe to crash that when someone asks about it on the boards 10 other people pop up with another "Oh yeah mine too" story... only it isn't the same thing.

I really hope that someone at least takes notice of this. Running the game 20 times really really sucks nuts.

P.S. The error I'm talking about is 100% exactly as described above. I implore anyone who does not have the exact same symptoms to please not post. I agree with the above that it is something that is being sent from the login server that is causing the problem, which means if we can't get those who maintain that to take notice then nothing will ever get done. So PLEASE

P.S.S. Is there some way to force the survey thing to come up? If clicking YES to it is all I have to do I'd be happy to. I just never see it come up.

Last edited by Vastlee; 06-03-2007 at 02:48 PM..