View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 09:28 AM
trevius
Developer

LOL, well I can certainly build a working source and test it for bugs, but I am no where near good enough to read code and see if something is horribly wrong with it somewhere. I am sure that most of the time it would be just fine, but I am also sure that it would be done much sloppier than how KLS would add it. I know she sometimes edits the code some before actually adding it.

I feel like Derision would do a good job at it, but he isn't a developer yet. Not exactly sure where S2K is, but I know he was having some PC problems for a while. He may have just popped out as quickly as he popped back in :P

No rush, KLS. I still haven't tested alot of the new code updates yet. I have been super busy with finalizing a zone I have been working on for about 4 months. It should be done in a day or 2 and I will try to get all of the new code submissions in and test them as best I can. I will let you all know what I find So far I know that my scribespells and traindiscs code works well.

Though, I have been seeing a considerably large amount of "world zone disconnects". Where it will send a message like that and then say it reconnected to all zones in use by each zone name. It doesn't actually cause a crash as long as you stay in the zone, but if you try to zone out, you get booted back to login. Then, if you login again you are fine, at least until it happens again. Currently it seems to happen every couple of hours.

I have seen this happen before, but never this bad. The only time in the past that I ever saw it was when I was using the emulator admin tool and doing database searches for accounts/characters.

The only thing I can think of that is causing it now is the 1129 source, or custom code I have added in. Or, it could be that I gave 2 of my GMs remote database access recently. But, the problem happens even when neither of them are doing any changes/queries. I will look into this issue more later, but if anyone else is having this problem too, I would be glad to know that it isn't just me. Plus, that helps narrow down what is causing it.

I guess I should have made a whole new support post about that issue lol. Got carried away =P