Thread: LDON Adventures
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 07:30 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_krztoff View Post
Quite simply, nostalgia; The single reason that I even have eqemu running in the first place. I have more memories running LDoN missions with my friends than almost anything else.

"an isult to entire concept of Emu at its core "

C'mon now ... let's not be TOO dramatic here.
Hey i was hardcore LDOn runner too.. back when it was hot - but after I had like 50 runs in each theme i was sick of it =) The only reason i kept doing it is to get 1492 points druid tunic from Guk (it was pain in the arse to get Guk groups, no one ever wanted to do Guk) and 2 FT2 augments.
Thank God I was in a decent raiding guild, who just started VT and did tier 1-3 pop on regular bases, so i wasn't depedant on LDOn for gear, or i would have hanged myself.

yes nostalgy - most of my grouping also occured in LDON, so once i got Emu runing I went there too...

ruja - yeah cool.. LDON
rujb - yeah ldon...
rujc - kind of like ruja...or rujb..
rujd - ummm ldon?

past that point I could no longer tell them appart.
Guk prabobly is the worst one in that perspective - all zones start to look identical after first 5 minutes

On my server I use LDOn zones all over the place as "in-dungeon" dungeons (for exmaple I use one of the Guks as "sewer" zone for Freeport). Or as conection poitns bewten some zones. But as stand alone package which would be designed to provide 24/7 Xp/hunting ground - players will get sick after the nostalgy feeling fades off in about 15-30 minutes