View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 08:41 AM
residentninja
Fire Beetle

I tried your tutorial last night and found it very helpful. A few things you may want to add in. I am running Debian 2.4.18 kernel:
I did not have mysql-config for some reason but I had all mysql packages install that I could see so I had to do:

find / -iname mysql*.h

At which time I did not have those files and I to find out that I needed to install libmysql-dev to get them. Might want to make a Note for future people to know what package to get if they do not have the files need.I think there have been a few other small things but i can't remember now.

The problem I am have though after the tutorial is when I run server i get this:

bashir:/home/eqemu/server# ./world &
[1] 8142
bashir:/home/eqemu/server# /usr/bin/zone . 91
[1]+ Illegal instruction ./world
bashir:/home/eqemu/server#

If a do:
ps aux | grep world
ps aux | grep zone

I find that neither are running. I also tried just running world and checking to see if it was running and I get this:

bashir:/home/eqemu/server# ./world &
[1] 8131
bashir:/home/eqemu/server# ps aux | grep zone
root 8141 0.0 0.1 1332 432 pts/0 S 15:09 0:00 grep zone
[1]+ Illegal instruction ./world

I have recompiled EMuShareMem, world, and zone just to make sure and still I get the same thing. I also get the same result using the init script in the tutorial. It says it starts both but then there is nothing running. Also zone is not creating log files and there is nothing about it in syslog or any other log i have found so far. world doesn't seem to be creating log files either (not sure if it normally does).

Also one last thing. I am unable to connect to the mysql server with EQAdmin. Not that important at this point but...

Not sure what to do from here. I've exhausted everything I can think of and am getting brain fried since I'm in no way an EQEmu expert.