View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 12:57 AM
AndMetal
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fault View Post
How would I get the corrupted to spawn in a ring around Deyid? I see this, quest::spawn2(npc_type,grid,guildwarset,x,y,z,head ing); So I would have to #zone to various spots around deyid write down the /loc and do it that way?
Basically, yes. You can also use #goto x y z which does the exact same thing as #zone zonename x y z.

I was going to try to create this quest myself (the dialogues are easy enough), so I could learn how to make everything interact properly, but there weren't really any resources spelling out how many treants there were, where they are placed, how fast they move, how tough they are, etc.

Quote:
I also don;t really see how signal is done (the recieving NPC) here is what i have

Deyid:

Code:
quest::signalwith(204047,204047_1, 20);
Seilaen:

Code:
sub_SIGNAL {
$signal,204047_1;
quest::shout("Oh thank you! Thank you! I don't feel the trees watching me anymore! And.. Let me try Mother's Locket again, I think it might work..");
quest::depop();
 }
This is what it should look like for Deyid to signal to Seilaen that's he/she/it's been killed, plus the resulting dialogue:

#Deyid_the_Twisted.pl
Code:
# Name: #Deyid_the_Twisted
# ID: 204051
# Zone: ponightmare

sub EVENT_DEATH {
	quest::signalwith(204047, 5, 1);	# Send signal # 5 to Seilaen 1 second after death
}
Seilaen.pl
Code:
# Name: Sailaen
# ID: 204047
# Zone: ponightmare

sub EVENT_SIGNAL {
	if ($signal == 5) {
		quest::shout("Oh thank you! Thank you! I don't feel the trees watching me anymore! And.. Let me try Mother's Locket again, I think it might work..");
		quest::depop();
	}
}

My Contributions to the Wiki