View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 03:34 AM
trevius
Developer

Default NPC Attack Skill Type

I was thinking that it would be cool to have 2 new fields added to the NPC table that would allow NPCs to be set to use a certain skill type for primary and secondary attacks without requiring them to have a weapon of that type in their loot table. Since we can already set the weapon models for either hand in the table, it would be good to have the option to set the correct attack messages and animations to go along with them. So, if the NPC is weilding a 1hs, the player would see the 1hs animation when they attack and also get the "slashed for" message when they get hit. If the default was left at 0 for these fields, it would just either punch or use the skill of any wielded weapon. If it was set to anything other than 0, it would use that skill type from the list for items.

I am not exactly sure what it would take to add this option in, or I would add it myself. I may eventually try to look further into it eventually if I have time. Figured it would be good to note here and also to see if anyone else might like to use the idea or work on code to support it.