View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 05:52 AM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Default Random loot

This problem has plagued my server since it's inception with the random loot added in. Since I parsed all of the items with the query, including the level 71 - 75 effects and spells, and put them into the loot tables, they have been crashing the server.

Here's the weird part... Even if the mob that has the item isn't holding the item, but merely has it in it's inventory as a drop, it still crashes the zone on combat.

I went through PoJ and used process of elimination while trying to find offending items before I knew it was the spells making it crash, and I used "#npcloot show" one mob at a time before engaging them in combat and seeing if the zone crashed out. I had a short list of items in no time, and they were in fact the 71 - 75 items with the unknown effects on them.

I spawned a mob with no inventory and began adding items to it one by one and engaging it in combat, and listing which items would make the zone crash, then removing them from the drop tables. This was taking FOREVER, so I am glad someone thought of a better and quicker way to fix the effects crash problem.

Thanks.