Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:52 PM
Zamthos
Discordant

Default Shared Memory.

My Shared_Memory.exe is crashing upon startup, it says it has an issue with the below line.

Error Message:
Code:
Error: EQEmu Exception <Shared Memory> in ..\..\common\memory_mapped_file.cpp at line (58): Could not open a file for this shared memory segment.
Line of Code:
Code:
EQ_EXCEPT("Shared Memory", "Could not open a file for this shared memory segment.");
Old 03-20-2013, 11:01 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamthos View Post
My Shared_Memory.exe is crashing upon startup, it says it has an issue with the below line.

Error Message:
Code:
Error: EQEmu Exception <Shared Memory> in ..\..\common\memory_mapped_file.cpp at line (58): Could not open a file for this shared memory segment.
Line of Code:
Code:
EQ_EXCEPT("Shared Memory", "Could not open a file for this shared memory segment.");
Did you remember to create the folder shared?
Old 03-26-2013, 07:03 PM
werebat
Hill Giant

I am getting the following error after compiling today. I do have the shared folder in my server directory. Any ideas?

Code:
[03.26. - 18:57:42] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_error_zone_2384.log
[03.26. - 18:57:42] Error Loading Items: EQEmu Exception (Shared Memory) in ..\..\gitsource\common\memory_mapped_file.cpp at line (109): Could not open the file to find the existing file size.
[03.26. - 18:57:42] Error Loading npc factions: EQEmu Exception (Shared Memory) in ..\..\gitsource\common\memory_mapped_file.cpp at line (109): Could not open the file to find the existing file size.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:26 PM
Zamthos
Discordant

Line 109 of memory_mapped_file.cpp below. May I ask what your shared folder is named? Is it named 'shared'? Like exactly like that?

Code:
EQ_EXCEPT("Shared Memory", "Could not open the file to find the existing file size.");
Old 03-26-2013, 08:09 PM
werebat
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamthos View Post
Line 109 of memory_mapped_file.cpp below. May I ask what your shared folder is named? Is it named 'shared'? Like exactly like that?

Code:
EQ_EXCEPT("Shared Memory", "Could not open the file to find the existing file size.");

Yes, shared
Old 03-26-2013, 09:34 PM
werebat
Hill Giant

Figured it out. In my startup.bat I moved the shared_memory call to the line before I call world.exe and it works now.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Tartarian
Fire Beetle

I have the same issue, but the guide I followed didn't mention making a folder called shared, where is this folder supposed to be?
Old 04-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Tartarian
Fire Beetle

Turns out the guide DID say to. This solved my issue!