Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:57 PM
KingMort
Banned

Default Warning to Server Ops

To anyone who has to rely on donations in order to pay for their server rentals... I wanted to warn you about this person..

warriorairmen2008@live.com

Joel Ramos

If you EVER receive any donations from this person, expect him to later reverse the charges...

Here is the crazy part..

He disputed donations on my server, and I won all 4 cases... Then 2 months later instead of going back through paypal he did a bank reversal.. and I lost the cases , even though I had already WON them... (Double Jeopardy)

If this person sends you any amount of money I strongly suggest you report him to Paypal and return the funds PROMPTLY... I found this guys phone number after some research and called it, the answering machine is in spanish.. And I know the person who donated spoke perfect English.. That doesn't mean anything exactly but it seems fishy, possibly a case of stolen identity..

King
raidaddicts.org
Old 02-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

So you are fighting over "donation" charge backs? That's a new one.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:36 PM
brumven
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeormom View Post
So you are fighting over "donation" charge backs? That's a new one.
I get the concept of where your coming from. But think of it like this....

If you donate to a charity like say Goodwill, you cant call your bank and say "well, I didnt mean it, please reverse the charges".

Its simple really, donations are gifts. We all know that. But if the gift is given in good faith and spent for its intended purpose, then its relevant to say, look, this guy is a potential threat to your server moneys, so beware.

Thats all. Not trying to stand up for anyone or start trouble. Just my 2cp.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:42 PM
MNWatchdog
Hill Giant

How much was the donation? Must have been huge to go through the hassle you both went through.

So, how much was it?
Old 02-06-2009, 03:57 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

basicly if person is an ass, he can donate and then immiditaly claim a charge back on fact that this was unautorized transaction - even if it was just $5 - as a bank account holder ANY chargeback goes onto your company record and towards your reputation. So if you can avoid chargeback you knwo other side going to win anyway - better give up the money ahead of the time
Old 02-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

Allowing anyone to transfer directly in to your back account as a donation basis is a big mistake in the first place. If you are taking donations only through PayPal, that is the end of the line for you and disputes do not have an affect with your bank account. Majority of reversals (fraud or otherwise) on PayPal are account theft, which covers 90% of all disputes on PayPal accounts.

Since it is apparent not everyone here is Internet transaction savvy, the solution is to mail, with delivery confirmation, and item of thanks for the donation. If the person disputes the charge at that point, he must return the item before your account is affected. If it is simple account theft, PayPal insures the transaction for you and neither parties lose money.

If that sounds like too much for you, then simply don't spend every dime you receive and expect some loss and move on with your life. Ideally, you aren't operating month to month anyway. Remember: It's a donation, not a subscription.