Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 02-07-2008, 10:19 AM
slutzy
Fire Beetle

Default Fix to raise accuracy and other's

I need a fix to raise accuracy , raise damage mitigation cap's , and turn up damage on Pc's and there haste after the new binarys i installed there are all the problems im having any idea's ?
Old 02-07-2008, 11:18 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Wrong forum. Also, there is nothing to "fix." EQEmu now parses damn near perfectly equal to Live in most situations. Previously, the damage was way too high.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:52 AM
slutzy
Fire Beetle

actually its a custom server , i dont want the server like that....
Old 02-07-2008, 11:53 AM
slutzy
Fire Beetle

The damage suck's , we attack way to slow , miss hell of alot , damage mitigation has a cap ? Its because of the new binarys thats why i want to know a fix too them
Old 02-07-2008, 12:29 PM
eq4me
Hill Giant

As cavedude said, it's not a bug it's a feature. Use the source and do a rollback if you don't like it.

http://eqemulator.cvs.sourceforge.ne...k.cpp?view=log

If you have the time and the skill I think it would be very appreciated if you could add some of the variables to the rules system.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:58 PM
slutzy
Fire Beetle

Well what is with mitigation ? Is that how some one fixed the Ac problem by just giving mobs mitigation and caping it off ?
Old 02-07-2008, 02:59 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

I always said- "don't treat LIFE as a Holy Bible"
'LIFE' SUCKED in LOTS AND LOTS of aspects- and thats why I am HERE making my own server, instead of playing on 'LIFE" and marveling at SOE absolute "wisdom"

I would agree that "life" stats and formulas make sence when matter of balance in the game taken into accont- but note that that ballance is hevaily related to "life" group/raid game apparoch, which may not be nessesarily suitable for servers where creators want to grant players decent solability (eq2 style)

Specificly on topic:

- I am prety sure that the only thign that related to how fast you attack is based on weapon dly and your haste - its not soemthing what should be affected by code formulas....

All other things wise- caps, modifier, etc- all this should be controlled by Rules so server can be tuned on the fly in either direction