Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Davood
Discordant

is there an easy way to take the masters guild tag and slap it into the bots "last name"

because the "last name" currently is what it displays as the "guild tag" for the bot. with the default being "bot"
Old 06-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Congdar
Developer

I couldn't find an easy way to do that.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Congdar
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubber View Post
What about a separate release thread on these forums for the bot source and binaries, so it is easier for people to find them and know exactly when it has been updated. This thread is growing fast and sometimes it is easy to miss releases if you don't check every day.

Keep this thread as the discussion thread and only let the people working on the code post in the release thread.
That could make it easier... if the forum mods are reading this, could you add a new thread that could be updated with just the source locatios like he suggests?
Old 06-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Aramid
Discordant

I was thinking that I would start working on the BOT Spells again, but WHERE are they going to be designated in the DB? I thought it was agreed on that the 600's were ok but other spells are showing up there now. Going to have to remove all the FEAR LINE of spells now that the Fear Fix is in. It will be easy to change what I have already in the 601 to 6xx to another number using GeorgeS's tools, but it would be good to have a designated area, yes?
Old 06-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Congdar
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramid View Post
I was thinking that I would start working on the BOT Spells again, but WHERE are they going to be designated in the DB? I thought it was agreed on that the 600's were ok but other spells are showing up there now. Going to have to remove all the FEAR LINE of spells now that the Fear Fix is in. It will be easy to change what I have already in the 601 to 6xx to another number using GeorgeS's tools, but it would be good to have a designated area, yes?
Maybe 1001 on up? that would leave lots of room for some expasion? Don't remove fear line... but add snare/root line
Old 06-03-2008, 02:04 AM
BatCountry
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congdar View Post
#raid should be #bot raid
I think everything should be prefaced with #bot because eventually the emu is going to have it's raid stuff fixed and there may be gm commands like #raid and we don't want to preclude the emu from using them. Just my .02 on the commands.(unless it was just a typo... I see you have #bot group).
That's a really good point. I was just doing it that way to reduce the amount of typing with raid commands, but it seems like that sort of stuff is going to get macroed by players anyway.
I agree that compatibility should definitely trump brevity. I quit EQ far before they put in the raid interface (about a year before PoP), so honestly I'd forgotten there was one.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:12 AM
BatCountry
Fire Beetle

Quote:
That sounds like some great work your're doing. If you can get the linkedlist thing to work that's awesome. I was getting too many zone crashes cuz dead bots were linked everywhere and ended up having code try and execute on bot objects that no longer existed when they got killed, especially when working 12 group raids(71 bots + me).
Yeah, after switching to linked lists, I've had to catch and kill a lot of crash bugs - mostly related to me dealing with linked lists incorrectly, I believe. I need to build some test cases where I ensure the LinkedList and LinkedListIterator classes actually behave the way I think they do.

I've been doing a lot of what I see you've been doing (while comparing the older code with what you've been making) - adding checks to catch null pointers and finding the behavior that can result in creating them.

I'm still in awe of what Magoth78 put out - and how easy it is to follow the logic. Most of what I've done with the codebase to make it work the way I want is just simplifying commands and catching some stray crash bugs.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:55 AM
BatCountry
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Before I set that hard limit I did some research into what the limit was and all I could find was that in later expansions they tried to move from 72 down to 48 max players in a raid. If you can find some info that says more than 72 is allowed it isn't hard to bump the constant up from 12.
Quote:
Ulairi: Many players have expressed an interest in increasing the raid group size to over the 72 player limit to support larger guilds. Is it possable leadership advancement will aid in this?

Craig Knapp: As for now, we have no intentions of raising the raid group size.
From a dev chat log about The Serpent's Spine, I guess we can fairly call the limit 72. Smaller limits seem to be for various raid Tasks, which aren't really implemented yet.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Trynix
Fire Beetle

Has anyone else noticed an issue with the bots not being able to keep agro? I played my wizard lastnight and had 2 bots (a warrior and a cleric), I would do #bot group order attack and send the warrior to tank the mob. I can see the warrior saying "taunting", I am waiting until the mobs are at least 80% before I cast and as soon as I cast my first spell the mob immediately runs to me. The warrior bot will run over and continue to attack and taunt but the mob never leaves me.

I have tried with other characters as well, with my ranger I can send in the warrior and if I am even standing close by not attacking I still catch agro. I can stand still not attacking at all and the warrior bot can never taunt the mob away.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Congdar
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trynix View Post
Has anyone else noticed an issue with the bots not being able to keep agro? I played my wizard lastnight and had 2 bots (a warrior and a cleric), I would do #bot group order attack and send the warrior to tank the mob. I can see the warrior saying "taunting", I am waiting until the mobs are at least 80% before I cast and as soon as I cast my first spell the mob immediately runs to me. The warrior bot will run over and continue to attack and taunt but the mob never leaves me.

I have tried with other characters as well, with my ranger I can send in the warrior and if I am even standing close by not attacking I still catch agro. I can stand still not attacking at all and the warrior bot can never taunt the mob away.
try a test... set your server rule and see if it helps:

Aggro:SmartAggroList = false
Old 06-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Trynix
Fire Beetle

Quote:
try a test... set your server rule and see if it helps:

Aggro:SmartAggroList = false
After adding the rule my bots can now hold aggro. Thanks!
Old 06-04-2008, 01:22 AM
EvoZak
Sarnak

Just wanted to say thanks to those of you shepherding the bots code along. I've enjoyed using the bots quite a bit and, while not perfect, they are pretty darn good.

C++ isn't my best language either but if you need any help Congdar don't hesitate to throw me a PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:53 PM
Aramid
Discordant

Default Emu0.7.0-1118-Source With Bot Code

For anyone interested, I have merged all of the 1118 Changes in with the BOT Code and have successfully compiled it under Debian Linux and Windows C++ 2005 Express. Here is the link for the files... The Makefiles have been setup to include the bot code for Linux compiles.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yzgwlxkgdgz

On another Note, The implementation of fear has caused the Bot code to really spam the so and so is under attack when the mob gets feared away so much that it really lags out the zone bad.

Just an FYI.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Thanks, Aramid. I've been writing a script that does it for me but the results have been inconsistent enough for me to not submit it yet.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:14 AM
number6
Sarnak

Thanks a lot Aramid, I'll give this a try later this week. I wonder whether simply commenting out the "... is under attack" notifications will help with the lag?
Closed Thread