Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::Server Discussion

Archive::Server Discussion Archive area for Server Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-19-2004, 11:49 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

This thread is going to Drama Central if it doesn't get back on topic very, very soon.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:52 AM
Tzwizard
Sarnak

Got ya Melwin......

* CHANGES TOPIC*

Well creating intros & Stuff to me wont be enabled till OpenEQ comes out & that wont come out for a while because of, uhhhhh...... I dont know , Ask SoE.....

Your asking months to even years out of someones life to make a project that might not even make it
Old 09-19-2004, 11:59 AM
daeken_bb
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzwizard
Well creating intros & Stuff to me wont be enabled till OpenEQ comes out & that wont come out for a while because of, uhhhhh...... I dont know , Ask SoE....
SoE has nothing to do with it. I can't yet devote all of my time to the project... I have other obligations to meet.

Check out my deviantART page at http://daeken.deviantart.com/
Old 09-20-2004, 10:03 AM
Tzwizard
Sarnak

Same, School right now is main priority, I got a parole officer & if i dont keep a 70+ , I got to J.V , & I dont want to go there so same as what you said, I cant devote my life to a project so i can probaly only work for 30minuetes to 1-hour...
Old 09-21-2004, 09:46 AM
Deimos
Hill Giant

Hey all, don't worry about the eqclient or openEQ or any of that, I got it all asituated =). My dad is actually going to help me one of these weekends with eqclient and such, sorta like a father son thing I guess =D, that is how I talked him into it, lol.
Do not worry about intro's, got that covered too =). What we need to worry about still is a future host, for when we get testers, and a temporary host, for GM Staff. We also need to worry about site so we can stop posting in forums, kk. I am talking about a really, really, nice pay-site. I am stilll looking at VDecks, but also looking at Amigo.

-Attention-
I have to cut GM-Bafoon from the team. All of the other staff are now threatening to leave the project if I do not cut you. I already lost Bamboo, I am not willing to lose an entire staff for one person. Sry Bafoon =(. I tried to keep you on, but they are threatening me that they are going to leave, and I cannot afford to lose the entire staff for your sakes.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:07 AM
daeken_bb
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimos
Hey all, don't worry about the eqclient or openEQ or any of that, I got it all asituated =). My dad is actually going to help me one of these weekends with eqclient and such, sorta like a father son thing I guess =D, that is how I talked him into it, lol.
Ok... now this is just getting stupid. If you _honestly_ think you're going to be able to modify the official client, you have _no_ clue about the limitations of what you can do by disassembling/hex editing. And if you think you're going to be able to modify OpenEQ to get it to the point of even connecting to a server and walking around, you have no clue about the current state of the project... we're close, but not close enough that a weekend of work by anyone who doesn't know both the codebase and the involved technology inside and out can finish it.

Check out my deviantART page at http://daeken.deviantart.com/
Old 09-21-2004, 10:14 AM
relorm500
Hill Giant

This server wont make it.
Ba Fo On
Old 09-21-2004, 10:39 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by relorm500
This server wont make it.
&lt;offtopic>didnt you leave?&lt;/offtopic>
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:31 PM
Tzwizard
Sarnak

he was kicked out a long time ago.........
Old 09-23-2004, 01:32 AM
Deimos
Hill Giant

Listen, I don't know about everyone else, but I am sticking to this server, kk. I haven't been able to work on it lately, due to massive amounts of work being assigned. This is my current life:
Get up
Go to school:
work
After School:
Work
Get Home:
Work
go to bed
That is my life atm, lol. I sometimes have to stay up from 30 minutes to two hours after I normally go to bed to get it all done, lol. I hope I will get time this weekend or the weekend after to play with the source, that way I can send it to someone, and they can host it, this way Staff can start working on it.
-Relorm was kicked awhile back-

Still looking for more staff and support as well as temporary host(s)
Old 09-23-2004, 03:18 AM
Mongrel
Hill Giant

Sorry to go offtopic again, but ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaN
And trust me talented graphists are rarest than C++ coders.
I disagree, talented (C++) coders are just as rare as talented artists. If an untalented person creates a chair you'll instantly think "man, this is a crappy chair", because we all KNOW how a realistic chair should look like. Every person on this planet can tell the difference between a good artist and a bad one.

However, anyone can look up some tutorials about coding and claim that it's his own code. Even if it's bad code, but does what it is supposed to do, it's hard for most people to tell whether it's good or bad code. Only talented programmers can tell the difference between those.

That's why you get the impression that good artists are so rare.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:25 AM
KhaN
Dragon

Mongrel, my whole post is about EQEmu / OZ, what you quoted wasnt general, but applied to EQEmu and OZ, where there are way more c++ coders than modelers.

Old 09-23-2004, 03:29 AM
Mongrel
Hill Giant

1. How do you know that there are more (talented) coders than (talented) artists?

2. There aren't that many talented coders here.

My coding abilities are way better than my modelling abilities, none of those two would qualify as "talented". Above average, yes; genius, no :P
Old 09-23-2004, 11:01 AM
gayfag~
Banned

Quote:
KhaN wrote:
And trust me talented graphists are rarest than C++ coders.
disagre .. maybe on eqemu forums thats true.. but not in game development in general.
Old 09-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Deimos
Hill Giant

Everyone, project is no longer on hold. I have been talking with Adam and we decided to combine LOTD and TPOC. He will be in charge though because I have found that I do not have time to run a server. The name of LOTD will probably be kept, has a very low chance of changing.

A lot of the same stuff you all know, but with a LOTD twist =), we are both putting in things and mixing them together. Same Guild System. There is one new thing thouhg, we are back to doing a *seperate* login-server, new login-pictures, exc. We might even put this on CD and sell it to people for 10$ instead of downloading basically a completely different 10 gig game, which is probably what it will be. Same ideas, but more zones, more planets, exc. The staff will be large.

All staff for TPOC are now to report to LOTD plz =), thx. We need you all =). The server will be like wr, it will stay one 5.7 DR6, becuz everyone likes how the source is set-up =P.

NO ARGUEMENTS FROM THIS POST! I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY ANYMORE UNLESS IT IS POSITIVE. IF YOU WANT TO SAY NEGATIVE THINGS, SEND THEM INTO AN EMAIL!