Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::GeorgeS's Tools

Development::GeorgeS's Tools A forum just for GeorgeS's tools

Old 03-23-2008, 04:07 PM
trevius
Developer

For Earrings and Rings, I always just add both left and right slots. It will only show the first slot added, so you can add any others you want, but you won't see them in the item editor. If you add both ear or finger slots to the item, it works in both just fine.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Valcrist
Sarnak

If anyone is able to answer this. I am able to load up GeorgeS item editor on a different computer. but on this one i open it and it says [ Run-Time Error '419' Permission to use object denied. ] if anyone has had the same problem and found a resolution or if anyone knows a way to fix it.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Sabyre
Sarnak

You may need to create an alternate user for your database. root access is sometimes configured for use as only localhost.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams" - Willy Wonka
Old 03-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Valcrist
Sarnak

I have used it on another computer , same settings
host=localhost
user=root
but on this computer it gives me that error... i figured it'd have to do with the computer not the connection to the server, only about 2 programs of his give me that error, the rest of them work fine
Old 04-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Sabyre
Sarnak

If you are using computer "B" to access the DB on computer "A" then you will need to change your settings to:

host=[ip address of computer A]
user=root

All I was saying before was that I setup an alternate user instead of using root.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams" - Willy Wonka
Old 04-18-2008, 11:25 PM
RCPD0715
Sarnak

not sure if this is possible, but is there a way to put in the option to pull up a merchants inventory in the item editor, so that we can maniulate their inventory prices and stats without having to look up each item..if this is possible, it would be a good addition i think...thanks
Old 04-22-2008, 07:08 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Not sure I understand - you mean editing 'price'? along with merchants inventory in a table like editing format?
Only price can be edited because it's a heck of a programing effort to make it so merchants are loaded.

I'm working on adding more features to all the tools, so everyone will benefit with greater results.

Some features are prioritized, others have to wait.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 04-22-2008, 02:50 PM
RCPD0715
Sarnak

I meant the same way you can load characters and see their inventory and you can manipulate the items on the actual character...if there was a way to load merchants to do the same thing..but I do see that you said that would be very involved to do...just was a thought, I didnt know the difficulty in such a task..sorry
Old 04-22-2008, 05:52 PM
trevius
Developer

He has a tool for merchants already. They list all items that the merchants have for sale. Though, I do think it would be nice if there was a way to actually look at the item stats directly in that tool. Or if you could even just adjust the price from there, that would be pretty cool as well. I don't sell much special stuff on my server, but I know that some custom servers have tons of loot that is purchasable. I am sure they would like to have access to change price directly in the merchant tool if it was possible.

To me, the stuff with merchants is pretty well ironed out already. I don't use them much anyway, but I am sure some servers do.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:32 PM
RCPD0715
Sarnak

yes, i use the merchant tool all the time to add stuff to my custom merchants and it is an awesome tool...I never even thought about adding price and stat manipulation to that tool...that would be awesome too. Dont get me wrong George, I would be lost without your tools, I was just trying to make a little suggestion. Thanks!
Old 05-11-2008, 04:51 PM
trevius
Developer

Hope you made it home from Japan OK, GeorgeS! I know that is a pretty long flight

I think the eqitems editor tool could use 1 more feature if you get the chance. I have a few thousand characters in my database, and your character inventory viewer doesn't have any real search features when using the "load character" button. I figured it would be nice to have a search feature or at least a way to sort by character name. Actually, if it just opened up the character list window and was presorted by name alphabetically, that would work great. I don't know what it is currently sorted by other than maybe create data, but it is a real pain to find a character in it when you have a few thousand lol.

This is nothing major, but if it isn't too hard to fix, it would be appreciated. I am just excited to see the changes you have been working on while out of the country! I have been holding off on revamping my end game zones with the new NPC attack and accuracy stats until your tool comes out. Since, it makes things so much easier No rush though, I am sure you are ready to be home and relax a bit lol!
Old 05-11-2008, 09:08 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Hello , Thanks I'm back, and jet lagged like hell.

I'll start to upload the many tool updates later in the week.

I'll add the feature to the character loader so it will be alphabetized and handle large # of character in the db

Later
GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 05-15-2008, 05:14 AM
Jest
Fire Beetle

I am getting random ocx missing files and such errors. It works, but a lot of the buttons and other tools don't seem to work for me. I know it's something I am doing with and not the tools fault .

I installed the OCDX tools or something a long time ago and it fixed a lot.
I was wondering if anyone had a solution to such a vague problem.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:25 AM
trevius
Developer

Make sure you installed these exact drivers here:

http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/ODBC_DRIVERS.ZIP

And also make sure you run the "register_ocx.bat" file in the resource directory of each tool you want to use before you start using them the first time.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:05 PM
xxarthurxx
Hill Giant

All my tools work fine except for my quest editor... it starts up fine connects to the server fine but when i go and edit in a new quest and try to save it it crashed and i get a Run-time error '76': path not found everything ive tried to fix it isnt working i dunno :/