Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::Server Discussion

Archive::Server Discussion Archive area for Server Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-13-2004, 03:43 PM
Deimos
Hill Giant

Very nice! Also, don't worry about the website domain, I am getting us one, ok. Our ISP gives really really really nice ones. It will be called probably:
www.pathofchaos.org
=), or
www.pathofchaos.net
Not sure what would be better for us, probably .org
Old 09-13-2004, 04:25 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

Quote:
Our ISP gives really really really nice ones
just curious. What exactly seperates a "really really nice" domain from a "normal" domain... Does it come with a box of cuddly kittens or something?
Old 09-14-2004, 01:29 AM
Deimos
Hill Giant

It is seperated by the fact that this one has unlimited bandwith and unlimited storage space, and, it never slows down. That is the difference between a bad one and a nice one =D
Old 09-14-2004, 01:35 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimos
It is seperated by the fact that this one has unlimited bandwith and unlimited storage space, and, it never slows down. That is the difference between a bad one and a nice one =D
That has nothing to do with the domain, that's the host. :P
Old 09-14-2004, 03:40 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Quote:
That has nothing to do with the domain, that's the host.
Melwin hit it right on the nose. You don't know what a domain is apparently. It's a name. that's all.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:33 AM
Tzwizard
Sarnak

Lol A Domain is a Domain...... !!!!! Heh

We all know we all like butterflys on a webpage :P
Old 09-14-2004, 09:37 AM
Deimos
Hill Giant

Here is what I meant by a domain. The site I am getting it from allows that. That is what I meant.... Some sites have a max storage and bandwith limit, this one doesn't. This is why I say we are getting a nice domain, but, you are getting very, very literal. So let me re-phrase that in words you will all like since you want to be exact and precise.

We are getting a very nice site with our own domain. The company that is hosting it allows unlimited bandwith and storage. This company is very reliable, the sites they host Never slow down. The site will be based off of flash with an introduction video. In the Lore Section, we will start having the Lore listed by there titles, then, under the title, you can either read the text or watch the movie, all based off of Flash and Nuendo 2.0.

That is how you guys want it said, so there, I said it =P.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:19 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

Just out of curiosity, who is your webhost?

Speaking as someone with a reasonable amount of experience with webhosts it sounds like you are about to buy a shitty service with good advertisement.

Unlimited bandwidth/space is seldom that for less than a grand a month.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:57 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Quote:
The site will be based off of flash with an introduction video. In the Lore Section, we will start having the Lore listed by there titles, then, under the title, you can either read the text or watch the movie, all based off of Flash and Nuendo 2.0
No offense dude, but the stuff you are saying is really painting you as somebody who doesn't know a thing and is trying to put on an "act" to get experienced ppl to join up and create something from nothing. (A server where one doesnt exist from the ground up, you've written lore only)

The site will be "based" off of flash...

The site is created with flash or integrated in some way. it's not "based" on flash.... that just doesn't make any sense man.

Or watch the movie, all based off of flash

Again.... either the movie IS flash or it isn't theres no in between man.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:46 PM
Deimos
Hill Giant

My web host actually host isn't bad because I know them and have seen there services and know for truth what they have to offer, that is why I want them to be the web host. My ISP hosts websites.

This is the home site for them:
http://www.amigo.net/

Also you said you have no idea what you think I am doing, lol. That is totally wrong, ask my staff =P, I am actually editing the source for the server atm and writing new quests for it.

I am decent at C++, master at PERL, I suck at art, so that is why I am looking for people that are good with Flash, I suck at OpenZone, so that is why I am looking for OpenZone users, and I don't have time to write all the code for the server, so that is why I am looking for a lot of C++ and PERL people. I do know what I am doing, and so far sotonin, all you really have been doing is insulting me every step of the way. I am getting the domain probably tomorrow. I am just going to please ask you to quit the insulting. I am doing my own login-server, so you can stop that as well.

To answer more of your questions concerning the site.

Dude, really you need to get a grip. I never said it wasn't, I have only said that it was flash... I have not only written lore, I am doing source code and PERL code... You REALLY HAVE No IDEA. We have a beta site atm, will be moving soon to the awesome flash sight.

Sotonin, if you have absolutely nothing nice to say, which you don't, been only saying very nasty things, then don't start flooding everything with the stuff you want to say. Keep it to yourself, please. There is freedom of speach, but flooding everything with false insults isn't the way to go. If you are going to protest and say I know nothing, you better have proof to back it up. So far, my staff knows that I know what I am doing, and I am getting more staff because they all know what I am doing... You need to Shut Up, ok, because so far you have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:12 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

OK. i stand by what i said then, prove me wrong if i'm wrong. My analysis is based on what you've written here and mostly IRC, where you claim you can integrate the EQclient to display flash pages, which although you've been told by numerous people is impossible, claim you have. But you've provided no working example.

But asking for this and that and for somebody to host your server when you have nothing to show but lore is kind of silly.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:16 PM
Tzwizard
Sarnak

Ok Sotonin, Me creating this flash part will take time, people like me & ton of others have the patience.

You seem to not have to...

So Please, Stop posing on negative stuff & wait... All im saying
Old 09-14-2004, 02:18 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzwizard
Ok Sotonin, Me creating this flash part will take time, people like me & ton of others have the patience.

You seem to not have to...

So Please, Stop posing on negative stuff & wait... All im saying
Me and others in IRC have asked him to use a blank white or black movie and show us that he can do it. He has yet to provide this. Because he can't
Old 09-14-2004, 02:20 PM
Tzwizard
Sarnak

Me or Deimos???? Im creating flash for the website, hes hooking us up with some flash intro ( Myself I think this isnt possible )
Old 09-14-2004, 02:23 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

Not talking about the web-site.

Deimos claims he can make flash integrate into the everquest client. IE. click to play on server and a flash intro comes up before you log in.

Not possible until OpenEQ comes out. Yet he says he knows how to do it. Hence the reasons to not beleive what he says.

Has he done anything to the code to make you beleive he knows how to fix or modify it? Cause he doesn't understand basic logic so far.

At first it was all good fun, somebody with a hugely ambitious design for a server. Now it's transformed into somebody with a fairy dream and that want's to mooch somebody's server.

maybe i'm wrong. i'll just wait and see. ) thats all i have to say