Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 11:49 AM
majorheadache
Fire Beetle

Well just for a speedy enjoyment, and the obvious curiosity, I remade my WAR, BRD, and MNK so far on the Raid Addicts svr right there in the "Preferred" catagory. You start out on some custom island with your Epic 1.0 in hand and a few gems for quick plat on the customized NPC merchants. Alot of the good ole favs are able to be purchased from them after you make a little plat. There is also a nervous mother looking for her child on dock who gives your pair of JBoots for finding him. And finally, you CAN play a melee class or what have you w/out needing buff bots tagging behind as you can purchase for free lots of potions of haste, c heals, quick heals, clarity, hp buffs, etc. If you dont think you will be making 85+ and raiding with all the ppl there, it is still a neat setup for lvling quick to 20 then you can always delete it.

"If I give you a penny for your thoughts, but I have to put my 2 cents in, where are all those pennies going? There's your deficit solution!"
Old 07-24-2009, 05:05 PM
badplayer
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorheadache View Post
Well just for a speedy enjoyment, and the obvious curiosity, I remade my WAR, BRD, and MNK so far on the Raid Addicts svr right there in the "Preferred" catagory. You start out on some custom island with your Epic 1.0 in hand and a few gems for quick plat on the customized NPC merchants. Alot of the good ole favs are able to be purchased from them after you make a little plat. There is also a nervous mother looking for her child on dock who gives your pair of JBoots for finding him. And finally, you CAN play a melee class or what have you w/out needing buff bots tagging behind as you can purchase for free lots of potions of haste, c heals, quick heals, clarity, hp buffs, etc. If you dont think you will be making 85+ and raiding with all the ppl there, it is still a neat setup for lvling quick to 20 then you can always delete it.
That sounds awful, where's PEQ.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:12 PM
jacqui
Fire Beetle

Default Grand Creations Gone??

hi,

last 3 days the grand creations sever has been gone, and the webisite is also unreachable.. when will it be back, if it is coming back?

Evilenchantress
Old 07-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Derision
Developer

http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28825
Old 07-24-2009, 05:27 PM
Loeil
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaeorn View Post
What is this "outside" you refer to? <confused>
Outside the knew univers
Old 07-24-2009, 07:04 PM
elation
Sarnak

Darn. I really wanted to play this weekend. :( Nap time.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:07 PM
TimAwesome
Fire Beetle

Really wish there was another good legit server.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:31 PM
Talisan
Fire Beetle

Darn, and I had just gotten a little bit of plat too

But I really really really appreciate all the folks that spend their spare time doing maintenance and all the work to keep this server up. I missed playing EverQuest, and now I get to have it back again. That, in itself, is awesome!

And I know you only hear from all of us when something is wrong (which I suppose is analogous to biting the hand that feeds you O_O) so I wanted to take the opportunity to put in my thanks!

So thank you!
Old 07-24-2009, 08:02 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAwesome View Post
Agreed. Personally, I'm sick of the "hey guys let's make a hub zone, let's place all the teleporters to every zone, add a bunch of tier gear, and make custom raid encounters" stuff. Because that's what is available to the public atm other than PEQ. (well, besides V/T Zek)
Old 07-24-2009, 09:55 PM
joeloud
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAwesome View Post
I would agree if there were enough players to fully populate them. I've only picked EQ back up on PEQ since last Saturday, but I never saw more than 300-some people online. Having 2 good servers would split that population in half. In the case of an outage like this, it would be nice to have, but we really would need more players to necessitate a second server like PEQ.

So anyway... was reeeeeally hoping this would get fixed by tonight. :P
Old 07-24-2009, 11:49 PM
kalzin230
Fire Beetle

Question

...is this why www.projecteq.net is down/unreachable?
Old 07-25-2009, 12:00 AM
Theodophilus
Fire Beetle

Default Any new word on the peq outtage?

e.g. further details on the nature of the supposed attacks, when negotiations with the host to bring the server back up will start, etc.

Are there any network traces or logs to analyze? Does the eqemu engine log much of anything?

EQ was obviously built on top of IRC; it might have some vulnerability to generic IRC attacks, or normal traffic for EQ might show up as IRC attacks to some intrusion detection tool. (e.g. false positives).
Old 07-25-2009, 12:26 AM
Dibalamin
Hill Giant

Wow, that sucks. I just caught up on the thread. I hope you cats get this figured out soon!
Old 07-25-2009, 07:13 AM
badplayer
Sarnak

Why does nobody know anything. The host can't help with this problem, all he see's is "incoming spam attack from PEQ". Is there some kind of plan like installing bandwith monitoring software and trying to get the host to reconnect then actually banning the IP responsible this time or is the guy running the server on vacation or what? If nobody has time to do this stuff I'm sure many people are willing to volunteer.

This is madness
Old 07-25-2009, 08:38 AM
steve
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by badplayer View Post
Why does nobody know anything. The host can't help with this problem, all he see's is "incoming spam attack from PEQ". Is there some kind of plan like installing bandwith monitoring software and trying to get the host to reconnect then actually banning the IP responsible this time or is the guy running the server on vacation or what? If nobody has time to do this stuff I'm sure many people are willing to volunteer.

This is madness
The situation has already been explained. We will know more from FnW when he's back from his business trip and is able to talk with the hosting company in more detail.
Closed Thread