Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2009, 05:12 PM
KLS
Administrator

Default Real Instancing

I know we have 'instancing' but I'm looking to expand it and not do it in such a hackish way. It's probably going to be a lot of work so I decided to branch it on svn.

Right now I'm just brain storming tables that would be needed (I know it's not in sql but anyone should be able to follow it).

Every time a new instance version was made this would be added to the table with a unique id. For example your raid group accepts their quest to go kill big bad boss and a new raid lockout entry is added to this table with a random unused id the time it was accepted and the duration and the zone and version of zone to use are also stored.
instance_lockout:
id
start_time
duration
zone
version

This table would keep track of players who are assigned to certain instance lockouts.
instance_lockout_player:
id
charid

Respawn timers would be expanded to include instance lockout_id to handle respawning npcs in the dungeons
respawn_timer:
id
start
duration
instance_lockout_id

Spawn2 is pretty crowded as is so I'm thinking to split it off to it's own instance specific table. Basically the same as the current table but there's a version field so creators can create different versions of zones. The two sub tables don't really have anything instance specific but it would be really odd to have cross refs from different tables like that.
spawn2_instance:
id
spawngroupID
zone
version
x
y
z
heading
respawntime
variance
pathgrid
_condition
cond_value

spawngroup_instance:
id
name
spawn_limit

spawnentry_instance:
spawngroup_id
npcID
chance

Also would eventually need to think up solutions for objects, zone points, ground drops, etc etc. If anyone has any ideas or criticism I invite it, still at the very early stages.