Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:14 PM
drakelord
Hill Giant

Default Survey of Preferences

In order to help me and possibly others understand the community at hand and to have a better handle on certain aspects, I have a small survey that I would like players to fill out if you could get a chance. Just short answer or yes/no replies are all that are needed.

1) What kind of server do you enjoy playing on / are looking for? (IE, classic, current, custom, legit, GM, etc.)

2) If playing on a custom server, do you mind downloading custom files? Does having to download custom files deter you from playing on that server?

3) How many characters do you like to box at the same time?
Old 05-18-2009, 08:27 AM
PathToEternity
Fire Beetle

1) Pure classic (no expansions at all)
2) I don't mind, if minimal
3) One (no boxing)
Old 05-18-2009, 09:55 AM
drakelord
Hill Giant

Thanks for the reply path,

How about the rests of you? I'm watching you guys peek at this thread, <<;
Old 05-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Theeper
Discordant

I prefer custom legit PvP.

I do not like to download custom files.

I like to box 2-3 toons.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakelord View Post
In order to help me and possibly others understand the community at hand and to have a better handle on certain aspects, I have a small survey that I would like players to fill out if you could get a chance. Just short answer or yes/no replies are all that are needed.

1) What kind of server do you enjoy playing on / are looking for? (IE, classic, current, custom, legit, GM, etc.)

2) If playing on a custom server, do you mind downloading custom files? Does having to download custom files deter you from playing on that server?

1) I enjoy playing on custom-legit PvE Servers that are *not* progression based. (IE: tiered content)

2) I do not mind playing on custom content servers as long as they have two things, which is, a custom content patcher that can patch and revert changes.

3) I like to box one character at a time. Any more and it kills the immersion.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:39 PM
shalll
Fire Beetle

1: Progression or minimal custom

2: Yes i woul prefer not to download anything

3: If i have to 2-3 (would rather not box and group with others)
Old 05-18-2009, 03:40 PM
FonzoRelli
Sarnak

1) my favorite type of servers are classic/legit pvp servers. i didn't like luclin or anything that came afterwards

2) no it does not. i do not mind DLing small things for semi legit servers, but i wouldnt want to DL all custom zone files or anything too big.

3) i perfer to play one character, but i always make quick friends with druids and wizards for porting
Old 05-19-2009, 04:02 AM
mokfarg
Fire Beetle

1) What kind of server do you enjoy playing on / are looking for? (IE, classic, current, custom, legit, GM, etc.) Classic

2) If playing on a custom server, do you mind downloading custom files? Does having to download custom files deter you from playing on that server? No I do not mind

3) How many characters do you like to box at the same time? I don't box but if I did it would be 2 at a time

Last edited by mokfarg; 05-19-2009 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: flubbed up the presentation
Old 05-19-2009, 05:08 AM
warhawk
Sarnak

As EQ live like as possible. Although would consider a custom server that has slow leveling and a steady gear upgrade rate. (i.e. not epics at level1!)

Prefer not to download anything. But if it interested me enough it wouldnt put me off

love boxing. 2-3. but like to group up with humans now and then
Old 05-19-2009, 08:11 PM
xaks
Fire Beetle

Quote:

1. It varies really, but the older the better, IMHO. Classic is best, progression is good too.

2. Don't mind the download a bit.

3. Sometimes I solo. I've BEEN known to play as many as 5 (back when I had 5 accounts), but that was a long time ago, I doubt I'd go over 2, perhaps 3, now.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:25 PM
Davood
Discordant

Default hmmm

i've been thinking of rebuilding my server as a classic + kunark + velious only server with the added "bonus" of AA - however the responses i'm getting to my current design seems to be positive. I am lagging behind cavedude by two months as far as his DB updates, I only update when his team makes serious progress, as it takes alot of time for me to roll in my updates and verify that all the players items bots custom npcs etc are intact.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:19 AM
caylah023
Sarnak

personal preference is for custom legit pvp and with bots if you can manage to balance it.
bots for the pve and eventually pvp....think that a two raid bot battle would be quite interesting
Old 05-27-2009, 06:01 PM
MarglarTZ
Sarnak

1) I prefer classic, progression is fun too. I don't mind custom if tastefully done, but classic-velious era is the best imo. do what you want with the zones, I don't like luclin much, pop was ok, beyond that I am not interested at all : P I enjoy pve and pvp.

2) i don't mind downloading custom files *if* i am dead set that the server I am downloading custom files for, is the sole server I will play on for a long while. if I am in a mood where I am checking out lots of servers, that will most definitely deter me from playing there.

3) I like to focus on one. I hate boxing. I only box to get things accomplished when required.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:42 AM
RedJak
Fire Beetle

> Prefer legit or current, tweaked to allow soloing.

> Not at the moment, as I'm still bouncing around trying to find a favorite server.

> Only one character. I get too stressed out trying to multi-box
Old 05-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Dantes
Fire Beetle

Quote:
classic (vanilla-velious)

Quote:
It doesn't deter me, but the professional and non-intrusive way to handle it is to use a custom launcher.

Quote:
ONE