Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:41 PM
caylah023
Sarnak

Default Item spawning npc's

A long long long time ago back when the world was young....well eqemu was guildwars was getting big in its second iteration and a new concept occured.
Spawning npcs from tokens but these npc's werent temporary they were permanent and placeable by players.

Is this something that is still doable with current eqemu and if so how. Ive looked into making npc's as pets but i dont know how to make an item spawned npc stay in zone and add to the zone db permanently so that they spawn and stay even when server shuts down?
Old 05-27-2009, 08:36 PM
caylah023
Sarnak

no one has any ideas about this?
Old 05-27-2009, 10:40 PM
trevius
Developer

It may be a possibility, but it would probably take some pretty creative script writing to make it happen. I am not even sure there is a way to create completely new NPCs and add them to the database and such via quest commands. It probably wouldn't be extremely hard to modify the source to add in quest functions for it if they don't exist.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:58 PM
KingMort
Banned

As far as I know both Azamora and Ailia have gotten this to work on their servers...

Though you can't really find aza anymore around Ailia is still lurking in IRC..
Old 05-28-2009, 01:10 AM
caylah023
Sarnak

well i think it was more of the mobs were in the db already but you used the item in the zone and it would spawn the mob at your spot so that when you left the zone it stayed. i figured if they could do this on guildwars back in 030 days it should be cake walk now :p

i might have to set up some spawn conditions instead...kill mob x amount of times and new mob spawns in its place

if anyone comes up with something on this....please let me know

thanks jordan and trev
Old 05-28-2009, 02:13 AM
KingMort
Banned

Actually I think there may be a solution for you in the Player Quests...

Lets say you spawn a PET with a token and the player quest instantly get's it's locations and then despawn's it and then replaces it with the mob you wish...

Theoretically this should work !!!

King
Old 05-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Congdar
Developer

For an npc to respawn if the zone/world has been shutdown it needs to have spawn entries in the spawn tables. What one scenario may be is that these npc's you're talking about do spawn when the zone comes up, but thier script looks for a global variable and if it doesn't find it they immediatly quest::depop. When the player spawns them with the item, the global is created and the script doesn't despawn them anymore. Just my best guess on that part... not certain how the token spawning would work. Maybe the token had a custom spell on it?
Old 05-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Congdar
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congdar View Post
...one scenario may be is
Another way that doesn't require spawn table entries is that an npc that does have them has a script that checks for globals and spawns the npc that the token "created". It all sounds very custom. With a little work you could probably duplicate what you describe if you are unable to reach the original authors.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:49 AM
caylah023
Sarnak

i think this was the guildwars 2.0 server so im not 100% sure who the authors were. had thought it was devnoob and image but havent seen dev in ages and im not sure that image still lurks around here or not after the whole login thing i will have to try and get ahold of them see if they can maybe shed some light on this. would be a great boon to some of us custom server builders.