Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-09-2002, 06:52 AM
Muas
Fire Beetle

Default Help!!!

I can log in and i gt connected to server fine then i make a character and all goes well but then i try ot log in and it just boots me to server sleect screen can somebody plz hep me
Old 11-11-2002, 11:23 AM
orderofgrobb
Fire Beetle

same here
Old 11-12-2002, 07:20 PM
Zetareticuli
Fire Beetle

I must say, I have always had respect for the devs and people who hang around here to help out those who need it. I have always wondered why they all seem so pissy when a newbie asks for a little bit of help. After all I know for a fact it is so much easier to ask then to look up and research. But just within first comming to this site, only two days ago, I have read every thread here. NO JOKE> And the questions I see every where are almost the same as the one you are asking.

Now I know it is really discouraging when they are jerks to everyone here, but give them a break. They have answered the same questions hundreds of times, and if they continue to do so, could very well reach into the thousands. That is a lot of wasted time and reading for everyone. The threads do not go anywhere, so take advantage of that.

Think of it this way... By asking them a question that has already been answered, possibly even numorous times, you make it that much more likely that they will not help you when you have something that is not so easy to find or is not even there in the forums. Try to save them the trouble now and it will surely help you out later. After all they know this stuff.

now can I have my buffs plz?
Old 11-13-2002, 05:00 AM
orderofgrobb
Fire Beetle

if it has been answered hundreds of times you would think it would be in the FAQ then so you dont have to dig through thousands of posts to find it.

I cant imagine the bedsores on your body if you have enough time to sit around and read every post on this board.
Old 11-13-2002, 06:25 AM
Syntaks
Sarnak

What does it say in your World window when it boots you out? How about the zone window that booted you out? Sometimes it will give you a clue as to what's happening...
Old 11-13-2002, 08:32 AM
orderofgrobb
Fire Beetle

Nothing. I make a char and it starts loading and goes back to the world selection screen. I think ill take the other guys advice and take a month off of work to read every post on the boards. =)
Old 11-15-2002, 10:37 AM
Zetareticuli
Fire Beetle

Hey, incase you hadn't heard, they have this cool little feature called "Search". It is there to save you from reading thousands of posts. Use that, and be creative when wording your search string.

And once again, this question has been answered several times. Just look a little bit.

now can I have my buffs plz?
Old 11-15-2002, 10:38 PM
veggy
Fire Beetle

yeah the only problem is, you do a search for your specific problem, and then you get to read a hundred threads where somebody else asked the exact same question. But wouldn't you know it, everyone just tells the enquirer that the question has been answered a hundred times in other posts. If your lucky you'll find about 5 posts with 5 different answers to the same question and about 100 posts with refferals to the search feature. So keep on searching! Its like an easter egg hunt. Or a wild goose chase, something along those lines.