Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 05-17-2003, 06:17 PM
derekj54
Fire Beetle

Default need some loot table help please

I have made the items i have spawned a whole zone of cutom mobs. i have fqadmin 4.2. looking at it it should be simple to set loot but when i do i get errors about there being a duplicate but i dont see where. fqadmin doesnt come with much of a read me i looked that over some. i just need figure this out and my server shoudl be sweet
Old 05-17-2003, 10:43 PM
Sterbla
Fire Beetle

Try using a newer version of the admin tool. 4.6 is available and 4.5 is quite stable for me.

For boss type mobs you might want to use more than one loot table because the emu (or client?) doesn't seem to be able to handle loot tables well with more than 6 different items (the mob will then usually only drop 5 to 6 different items even after a few dozen kills - tested it with Vyz'Dra the Cursed in Ssra Temple and THO in the Deepshade).

By the way, on the loot table entry be sure to enter a value higher than "1" on the "multiplier" tab if you want the mob to drop more than one item of a given loot drop entry. In the "chance" tab enter a value lower than "100" to have the mob drop a varying number of items.

Example:

In EQLive boss mobs (lets say THO in The Deepshade) can drop 2 to 4 items (or a different number). Sometimes those mobs ALWAYS drop items and spells. To make this in the emu do the following:

1) Create a loot drop entry for the mob with spells (and maybe a few items)
2) Create a loot drop entry (or more than one) with item drops
3) Add those loot drop entries to the mob's loot table entry (in this case to the THO)
4) Set the MULTIPLIER of the different loot drop entries for the different to a value higher than "1"
5) Set the propability to a value lower than "100" ("70" or lower)
6) Log in and test using "#kill" on the mob to see how well it works with used values and adjust if needed

Worst case the mob would drop no item at all (VERY rare), and if you use 2 loot drop entries in one loot table both with a multiplier of 4 the mob can drop UP TO 8 items per kill, or always 8 items if the "chance" is set to 100.

Fiddling around with the "chance" tabs also in the "loot drop" entries is interesting but keep in mind that if you set them too low that the item will be very rare.
Old 05-18-2003, 06:19 PM
derekj54
Fire Beetle

Default thanks

this is Derekj54 if i forgot to sign in haha, thanks for the info. my biggest problem is i think i name them wrong or something it always has some duplicant error but i dont see how. the 6things per table is a help though thanks