Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 08-06-2007, 02:48 PM
inkubus
Hill Giant

Default PHP Simple Item Editor

Hi all,

http://www.ageofkunark.com/itemeditor.zip

I thought I'd post this as I made it for use on my server and find it's a great help for fast production of items. It's dirty (oh so dirty) so don't get mad if it doesn't do what you want!

Couple of things to note before you start using it:
* I use autonumber on my items table - you will need to do the same to use this tool (make sure you don't go over your server item limit!
* For the sake of all that is good make sure you password protect your eqie folder using something like .htaccess. I didn't waste time building a login system.

Enjoy, I hope it's more understandable for you php coders out there (but like I say it's slightly messy)

Have fun

Bolly

Last edited by inkubus; 08-06-2007 at 10:53 PM..
Old 08-30-2007, 05:30 AM
TheLieka
Developer

Nice tool. Thanks for the hard work.

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 08-30-2007, 11:18 PM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default Item Editor..

Good job.
been waiting a few months for something like this.
I been getting a lot of request for custom items and this does the trick.
you made quite a few people happy.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 08-31-2007, 11:39 PM
gernblan
Discordant

Yes, very nice! Thank you!
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 09-01-2007, 08:02 PM
gernblan
Discordant

This is great!

One thing I may report? You need to escape out single quotes, as some items have a ' in their name.

The way the editor is now, it breaks if you try to edit any item (or lore) with an apostrophe.
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 09-09-2007, 12:34 PM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default Item Editor..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gernblan View Post
This is great!

One thing I may report? You need to escape out single quotes, as some items have a ' in their name.

The way the editor is now, it breaks if you try to edit any item (or lore) with an apostrophe.

Treid it last night...seems it inserts above max_id and crashes the server
so you wantto watch what you duplacate for now.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 09-18-2007, 11:41 AM
gernblan
Discordant

I'm referring to the fact that anything with an apostrophe needs an "escape" a \ before the ' to be read correctly.

The code is stripping them out (no logic to handle the escapes), which is cutting off anything in a name past the '

It's a show stopping bug because it can corrupt item names with an apostrophe in them.
Jest 4 Server
Old 09-18-2007, 12:00 PM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by gernblan View Post
I'm referring to the fact that anything with an apostrophe needs an "escape" a \ before the ' to be read correctly.

The code is stripping them out (no logic to handle the escapes), which is cutting off anything in a name past the '

It's a show stopping bug because it can corrupt item names with an apostrophe in them.
Thats also a bug but it also inserts the new item above max_item_id 's limit.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 09-18-2007, 12:26 PM
gernblan
Discordant

See:

http://www.tizag.com/phpT/strings.php
Jest 4 Server
Old 09-18-2007, 12:26 PM
gernblan
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdabbs65 View Post
Thats also a bug but it also inserts the new item above max_item_id 's limit.
Ok, but since you quoted me I thought you were commenting on what I said specifically.
Jest 4 Server
Old 09-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Theeper
Discordant

This can be confusing sometimes if magic_quotes_gpc are enabled in PHP. This setting automagically escapes single and double quotes on POSTed data, but doesn't actually insert the escape characters into the DB. So, the data will post properly, but will need escaped when echoing into the form HTML.

On the other hand, if magic_quotes_gpc is off on your system, the single quotes might be breaking your insert query string, so the data isn't making it to the DB properly.

Either way, using double quotes to delimit your string values in the HTML form is an easy way to deal with single quotes. This is, of course if you don't plan on ever having strings that have double quotes in them. If you do, you could always do some str_replace()'s with ascii values for quotes.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:55 AM
gernblan
Discordant

So yeah, until that is addressed and fixed I cannot recommend this excellent script to anyone.

...and that sucks.

I'd fix it, honest I would, if I only had time. I'm so buried in the upkeep of my own server and the other projects I've already taken on. :(
Jest 4 Server
Old 09-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Lalolyen
Banned

Does your server happen to be down.. I've been getting ping timeouts for the past 2 hours =S
Old 09-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Ueguvil
Hill Giant

Anyone mind hosting this?
Old 10-02-2007, 08:42 AM
gernblan
Discordant

Here:

http://stash.buttwrenching.com/itemeditor.zip

...but like I said in its current form it can corrupt the db, due to improper string handling so I don't recommend you actually use it as it is now.

IF someone fixes it, e-mail the fix to gernblanATgmailDOTcom and I will host that version for everyone instead.
Jest 4 Server

Last edited by gernblan; 10-02-2007 at 04:44 PM..