Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Lalolyen
Banned

As this is being severely overlooked I would like to announce this here as well as our own forums so it doesn't get too out of hand.

Our server forces the start zone of tutoriala (yes its working) and you quest in that zone to go to tutorialb.

However, there are a lot of people with the basic Titanium config, in which being we are leaping foward into the DoN zones, you'll need to change your eqclient.ini file slightly so you aren't seeing shadow figures and "grey-screens".

This is because when Titanium was released, it was released a little too early and they hadn't anticipated some of these shaders modern day video cards are able to process. So the problem is a cross between your install of the client, and your video card.

The simple fix is on our website but I'll post it here.

Under [DEFAULTS]

add the following line:
HardwareTNL=FALSE

if you have a pure hardware based video card that does all of the shaders, you should not have a problem (I didn't), but some people with intergrated, new pci-express, and other either extremely high-end or extremely low-end video cards will see this problem.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:17 AM
Vastlee
Fire Beetle

What happened to this server? I don't see it in the list and the last post on their forums was like 2 months ago. Is it gone?
Old 01-23-2008, 04:56 AM
Vastlee
Fire Beetle

Hrmm... I just noticed the 2 contributers Lalolyen & Breea both had Banned under their name? Is that why the server doesn't show up anymore?
Old 01-24-2008, 01:01 AM
miotch
Sarnak

Location: Conveiniently located in your grocers frozen food isle.

wasn't that good anyways.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:32 PM
AiliaMorisato
Sarnak

also worth noting, that change to the ini isnt nescesary, just fix the zone headers in the zones table and everything works.....
Old 01-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Vastlee
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by miotch View Post
wasn't that good anyways.
I never really got a chance to play on this server, but from the look of their website and hardware backing these posts say it appeared to be awesome. I mean it certainly is typical for emu's to go up and be down within a few months but this one seemed to vanish. Even reading their forums there was no indication of it stopping or even "where are you guys" type posts. Then I notice that banned thing. Just odd.

So why wasn't it good?
Old 01-25-2008, 01:47 AM
miotch
Sarnak

Location: Conveiniently located in your grocers frozen food isle.

they wanted to be like classic. Same thing you can get from Angelox (sp?)
i tend to look for the customizations, even if the server is still legit.
Alot of GMs do not understand how a very small (compared to live) player base makes EQ playlife very different and much more challenging at low level and even harder thru higher levels.
To be an int class searching for spells that must be researched without a bazaar or hundreds of other players to /auction out to for pages needed, or to be a melee class soloing alone (NO i do not "box") without the helping hand of a kind hearted priest class granting those first buffs.
It makes for a gaming experience more like work than fun.. Not that great.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Drozuid
Fire Beetle

Vast

Yeah the server appears to have fallen off the to do list of the owner's for some reason, not sure if it's just a lack of interest, player base, or they have some stuff happening in RL that's conflicting or what. I have 5 - 60+ characters on there and I thought it was quite a good server personally.....certainly it needed work but don't all the server's need some work :P
Lag was virtually non-existent, possibly due to the low player base, but I'm guessing the server's were actually pretty darn decent so it's a shame it seems to have fallen to the way side.
The player base was extremely small but then the server hadn't been around that long either, I'm not sure what people expect with a new server but if your thinking your going to open up a new server and have over 100+ player base inside of a week I think you may be leaning alittle on the unrealistic side.....heh
As far as the buff bot aspect, yeah they didn't setup any buff bots but most of us that were playing were pretty good about buffing each other an so forth...anytime I went to PoK I advertised I was heading there and buffs were available, and to be honest I kinda liked the lack of the buff bots, but then I was generally 5 or 6 boxin :P
Anyways, just alittle heads up, hope that answers your question on what happened to the server
the server was kind of up an down for a bit, like a east hastings prostitu ...erm you get the picture...heh, I'm not exactly sure why that was...there were periods where the server was gone for a few days and would return, but it's been awhile since it's been back up so I can only assume it's down for the count now :(
too bad.... imho it had great potential

Droz