Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 02-07-2008, 10:19 AM
slutzy
Fire Beetle

Default Fix to raise accuracy and other's

I need a fix to raise accuracy , raise damage mitigation cap's , and turn up damage on Pc's and there haste after the new binarys i installed there are all the problems im having any idea's ?
Old 02-07-2008, 11:18 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Wrong forum. Also, there is nothing to "fix." EQEmu now parses damn near perfectly equal to Live in most situations. Previously, the damage was way too high.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:52 AM
slutzy
Fire Beetle

actually its a custom server , i dont want the server like that....
Old 02-07-2008, 11:53 AM
slutzy
Fire Beetle

The damage suck's , we attack way to slow , miss hell of alot , damage mitigation has a cap ? Its because of the new binarys thats why i want to know a fix too them
Old 02-07-2008, 12:29 PM
eq4me
Hill Giant

As cavedude said, it's not a bug it's a feature. Use the source and do a rollback if you don't like it.

http://eqemulator.cvs.sourceforge.ne...k.cpp?view=log

If you have the time and the skill I think it would be very appreciated if you could add some of the variables to the rules system.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:58 PM
slutzy
Fire Beetle

Well what is with mitigation ? Is that how some one fixed the Ac problem by just giving mobs mitigation and caping it off ?
Old 02-07-2008, 02:59 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

I always said- "don't treat LIFE as a Holy Bible"
'LIFE' SUCKED in LOTS AND LOTS of aspects- and thats why I am HERE making my own server, instead of playing on 'LIFE" and marveling at SOE absolute "wisdom"

I would agree that "life" stats and formulas make sence when matter of balance in the game taken into accont- but note that that ballance is hevaily related to "life" group/raid game apparoch, which may not be nessesarily suitable for servers where creators want to grant players decent solability (eq2 style)

Specificly on topic:

- I am prety sure that the only thign that related to how fast you attack is based on weapon dly and your haste - its not soemthing what should be affected by code formulas....

All other things wise- caps, modifier, etc- all this should be controlled by Rules so server can be tuned on the fly in either direction
Old 02-07-2008, 05:13 PM
slutzy
Fire Beetle

Well, trust me it's kmra server maxxed stats, full haste a 220-46 would hit fast with haste getting crit's up to 27kish, since the binary's hit 17k top crit hit slower then a stopped truck
Old 02-08-2008, 01:00 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

You may need to alter the NPC stats in your db, as they now mean something. This is especially true about AC. If it's too high, players won't be able to touch them. If it is too low, then they would be too easy.

Quite frankly, combat is perfect now. AC, attack speed, dmg mitigation all line up with Live. What you are asking for is highly custom and not the purpose of this project. Maybe if you stopped whining for a minute and actually looked through the code yourself you'd realize how easy it is to change combat related code. In many cases, changing a single value drastically will alter your output. If you feel you cannot do this, then too bad and you have no right to complain.

Also, please use the custom forum for this. You'd get a much better reception there.

Chaos, as I said above the NPCs db entries now actually mean something. So, while the code is tuned towards Live, the db does not need to be. If combat is too difficult for small groups, then lower NPC AC or their STR. It will certainly make a difference now

You're correct, basic combat values should be made into rules, and I know KLS had that in mind. I'm sure they will be ported eventually.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:45 AM
slutzy
Fire Beetle

Actually om not whining ? Or bitchen at that mater im confused. I have toyed with all of this and i thank youfor the feedback. I just cant figure out about the mitigation , or the attack speed of PC's , thats it. Not whining just mass confusion and histary of players.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:54 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I apologize then, I took your posts the wrong way.

Why not just use Sourceforge to diff what has changed since the build you were used to. That way, you can revert or tweak the stuff that has changed to get you back to the way you liked it. Once done, you should make a diff of your changes, so when a new build comes down, you can patch, compile, and be on your way with a current build and your custom combat code.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:40 PM
KLS
Administrator

Attack speed wasn't really impacted, nor was there a cap on mitigation placed that I know of(though there needs to be one). Mostly what has been changed recently was the damage and accuracy formulas.

Changing those atm reqs a recompile as there weren't many rules dealing with them and I didn't really add many, thought eventually rules will be added to many parts of combat.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:22 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Well I am not realy complaning- I am just trying to be "customeable" =)

And yes, I will be looking into playing with actual mob stats

I am not so sure on default PEQ balance - using last build and last peq db, i made lev 1 warrior, put all point into STR and attacked a lev 1 rodent....

5 min later, my warrior beaten down to 2 hp FINALY killed it... Mayby just was my luck with swings =)

Question thought: is there a HARD cap on haste? Is theer absolute limit on how high haste can go up to? If yes- why?

I am also concerned with max posible value for weapon dmg (i read its capped at 250?) as well as default stat caps

What about skill cap?

I am also still not so sure how excatly following variable affects AC calculations:

ACfail
ACrandom
ACreduction
Old 02-08-2008, 02:08 PM
AndMetal
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayer View Post
I am also concerned with max posible value for weapon dmg (i read its capped at 250?) as well as default stat caps

What about skill cap?
A lot of the specifics can be inferred from the item & profile blob from the DB/source.

Weapon Damage is an 8-bit unsigned integer (uint8 in the source), which is 255 (convert 11111111 in binary to decimal).

Lots of base stats on items are 8-bit signed integers, which would mean the max would be 127 (I believe this is hard-coded into the client).

Other stats, like HP, Mana, Endurance, & Regens are mostly 32-bit signed or unsigned integers, so the max limits would either be 2147483647 or 4294967295 respectively.

However, none of this takes into consideration Augments or item stacking. Simply put, multiply the max by 5, and that's your actual max. And yes, a 1275 damage weapon hits VERY hard, usually between 10k & 60k per swing.

Skill caps are going to be the same. They are 32-bit unsigned integers, so a hard cap of 4294967295.

My Contributions to the Wiki
Old 02-11-2008, 05:36 PM
AiliaMorisato
Sarnak

If you really want to get twisted, the client seems to be accepting more augments than it should if you modify item code and have it insert a full 10 items rather than the current max of 5, more than 10 crashes the client similar to a bag containing more than 10, but the limits are definetly within all practicality.